• durhamster

20 rd have stright body.
    only loading 10 rd reduces pressure on sides of the case,

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ss355 View Post
      Also note that D&H mag is supposed to release a new 6.8 SPC mag later this month, through Bravo Company (?). Although I haven't seen these 6.8 mags, I do wonder if they might be also handle the Grendel round...
      I thought I recalled reading a post by Bill Alexander saying that D&H is working on 6.5 Grendel mags. Couldn't find it, though, so decided to post here.

The D&H 6.8 SPC mags are reportedly available now, but initial feedback is disappointment with the product.

Comment

There are always teething issues with a new product. I don't know of anyone who has fielded a fully-functional product with the 1st batch, without some type of bug that needs trouble-shooting. Mags usually take years to get right with a new caliber or rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
          You might try 44 Mag http://www.44mag.com/category/6_5_gr...ar15_magazines
          They are in Oregon.
          I did not know that 44 Mag did Grendel Mags. I used some of their mags for a M-14 used to own they worked great. Cool beans

On the C-products I have one and so far it works great, and I did not know about their troubles and outcome

Comment

Originally posted by glane5910 View Post
            IIRC, AR-Stoner is a business name that Midway uses. They get items/goods from other resources and name them AR-Stoner. I could be wrong on that but I'm pretty sure that is/was the case.
            Shoot, I just got an order from Midway and I just remembered that I wanted a backup mag for my Grendel. Oh well. Not like I won't order from them again. I did not realize they had an AR Stoner mag for the Grendel. I like their 5.56 Stainless Steel mags. Top quality and very strong walled. At least the 20s I've bought. They are two seam and my favorite is Promag as it has only one seam on the back as well as strong walled.

Hoot

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Guys,, All we can do for now is find the newest production units from c-products, and check the feed lips for proper angles- cartridges going into the chamber at - ultra slow -speed / release of charging handle to see where the bullet tip center hits the feed ramp= think 50-60 % on- and barely above centerline. Iv'e had to tweak every mag. I ever got from all the online stores, AA too. Huge dissappointment from the start of my grendel exp. w/ mags. Luckily I found a tutorial on the old grrrr. forum== mags. 101.,, it saved the day for me, and the old skunk mags. Bill A. stated a while back- no more sales of the 15-17 rounder==== it does not function properly. It -does if only loaded with 4-6 rounds,- I've found through trial and much error. I talked to Erik at mags. llc, and he and I agree - it's probably the old , 5.56- 20 rnd. mag. from the 70-s.,,,, Think positive- the grendel cartridge has been accepted by sammi- so the big manuf. should -maybe start to take notice and help out in all the product development. Hey, we are all pioneers with this round. Look how far we all came in the past few yrs., as a team effort. Still have troubles ? keep asking, someone will help out. ( Like the old guy- Redd Green used to say,, remember- I'm pullin for ya, as we're all in this together.)))

Comment

• jwilson1985

well i can make a p-mag work ;-) if yal are nice enough i might just do a write up and tell you how ,id say go buy a loki grendel ...but the last four left today

Comment

• StoneTower

Originally posted by jwilson1985 View Post
                  well i can make a p-mag work ;-) if yal are nice enough i might just do a write up and tell you how ,id say go buy a loki grendel ...but the last four left today
                  Please do the write-up. If I could get a P-Mag to feed six or seven rounds reliably, I would cut down a few and use them for hunting (as referenced in a link in a earlier post in this thread). I think they would be quieter and easier on the brass. For hunting, one does not need more than about 3 rounds in most cases. For pigs, it makes me feel better with five or six. The overall length might also be a concern.

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    There are always teething issues with a new product. I don't know of anyone who has fielded a fully-functional product with the 1st batch, without some type of bug that needs trouble-shooting.
                    It looks like D&H has one gawd awful big bug, then.

Photo comparison of CProducts and D&H 6.8 mags:

Comment

• jwilson1985

give me a few on the write up ..today i had a diskagram and tomorrow a day with the surgen so when this is done ill take pics and do a write up

Comment

• pinzgauer
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by StoneTower View Post
                        Please do the write-up. If I could get a P-Mag to feed six or seven rounds reliably, I would cut down a few and use them for hunting.
                        When I tried them PMAG 30's work very well with grendel when limited to 5-6 rounds. Don't know how they would do if cut down. It's only when they got past 10 rounds that the problems surfaced.

No modification needed!

This was even with a stock PMAG 5.56 follower, don't know if you could modify a grendel carrier to work.

Personally, I'm not a huge pmag fan. They are reliable enough, but then again so are my cprod 5.56 and grendel mags. Just not sure they are worth double the price.

Comment

• pinzgauer
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2011

Here's a scopp for you all, the attached photo shows field testing of the new mystery mfg's Grendel Mag:

Comment

• pinzgauer
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2011

Or just
                            print your own using your 3D printer:

Comment

• jwilson1985

the p mag 223 follower has worked for me but it would be better to put in a 6.5 follower

Comment

• vanguard138

I ordered some 5 and 10 round AR Stoner 6.5 magazines from Midway. The 5 round magazines work great, but none of the 10 round feed.

Comment

Working...
                                X