• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul45LC
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by NordicG3K View Post
    I wish they would have used a different color follower. I have a bunch of the 5.56 mags and they have white followers too.
    The Mako Group is selling E-Lander followers in black, green, and red if that will help.
    Shop The Mako Group to find the widest selection of tactical equipment and weapon accessories that Israel has to offer. Order now to receive shipment anywhere in the U.S.
    Waiting for an AR in .45-70 with a 30 inch octagon barrel, case hardened receiver, and extra fancy walnut furniture. Until the day someone makes one, I guess 6.5mm Grendel will do nicely.

Comment

• babue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

My E-Lander 5.56 mags all have white followers, so I think I will get a bright blue magic marker and try that on my new Grendel mags. If that does not work well I can always get some other color to replace the white followers in the 5.56 mags.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

You might try a little food coloring on your followers. None of my mags have white followers, I still haven't ordered any of the new E Lander mags. I'd like a mag that holds about 14-15 round in a mag that is the size of a 5.56 20 rounder. I use my CP & ASC 10 rounders and the mags which look like 20's the most.
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 08-05-2014, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
          Warrior
          • Oct 2012

They have coatings specifically for plastic from all the big paint companies in the spray paint aisle at your favorite hardware stores. That would probably be a good option.

Comment

• Lonehill
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by olde sarge View Post
            I'll have to second tango29's comment. I talked to Mark and he answered all of my annoying newby questions and is presently machining my new PF Bartlein barrel as we talk. Thank you Mark.
            Yeah, I'm beginning to realize that satern just plain doesn't want my business. It's been almost a year now and their customer service is lip service at best. I've had it with them.

Comment

• Drifter
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
              I'd like a mag that holds about 14-15 round in a mag that is the size of a 5.56 20 rounder. I use my CP & ASC 10 rounders and the mags which look like 20's the most.
              Link: http://www.ammosc.com/6-5-grendel-15-rd-magazine/
              Drifter

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I've got a couple of the ASC and C Products 15 rounders and they have been reliable so far but I rarely load more than 10. I think the ASC are better made than my original C Products. If the E Landers end up being the best magazines for the 6.5 Grendel I'll probably buy some. I'm just waiting to see how the E Landers work over a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

I took mine to the range and stuffed them with 25 apiece. They fit under the rifle with just about an inches worth of clearance with my Harris 6-8" bipod, and monopod on my PRS stock. I have to roll the rifle for mag changes, but I can easily live with that.

image.jpg

All mags fed perfectly, with no issues.

I am quite pleased.
                  Last edited by NugginFutz; 08-05-2014, 05:02 PM.
                  If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
                    OK, so maybe it's MY memory that's gone all to hell?
                    Aha! Finally found one, well, a shorter one anyway... I didn't have time to dig deep enough through the trove, but this did shake loose near the edge of a pile:

Jog any memories?

I think that one is a 5 or 10 rounder (didn't try it) that came with my 19.5" AA back in the "old" days.LOL

The 20 rounder sized ones (17 actual) were the same but just a bit longer.

Of note is that they are only joined and welded on the rear. They only have one seam. I have absolutely no clue who made them. The floor plate is sterile as well. Bill A. would know though.

P.S. The board is getting weird today. I keep getting random "Database error" returns
                    stating "The database has encountered a problem.", and now it seems to have changed the number of emoticons/pics that can be used as well.
                    Last edited by Variable; 08-06-2014, 10:57 PM.
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                      Aha! Finally found one, well, a shorter one anyway... I didn't have time to dig deep enough through the trove, but this did shake loose near the edge of a pile:

Jog any memories?

I think that one is a 5 or 10 rounder (didn't try it) that came with my 19.5" AA back in the "old" days.LOL

The 20 rounder sized ones (17 actual) were the same but just a bit longer.

Of note is that they are only joined and welded on the rear. They only have one seam. I have absolutely no clue who made them. The floor plate is sterile as well. Bill A. would know though.

P.S. The board is getting weird today. I keep getting random "Database error" returns
                      stating "The database has encountered a problem.", and now it seems to have changed the number of emoticons/pics that can be used as well.
                      I have some like that as well. If I remember right, they were an early CProducts (?) version. Notice how few ribs there are? Mine work well, but not all of them did. I have 10s and 15's. They are quite a bit thicker than the eventual production CProducts mags. 2 of them are from my original purchase and first Grendel. The others all within a year of that, say 2006 or so?

Comment

• Variable
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

That sounds about right Bill. Thanks for the confirmative info.

I know form should follow function and not fashion (Duh!), but I'd really like to see straight 15 round mags from Elander next. If they can make straight ones about the size of a 5.56 20 rounder that function flawlessly they'd be a great seller.

The curved 15/20 rounders just "look" so dang odd. We all grew up with straight 20's, so that is what they are "supposed" to look like.
                        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Jog any memories?

Yeah, that's what I was talking about! Like you said, the 17-rounder looked very much like a mini M14 20-rd magazine. Glad to see my memory ain't completely shot. (Yet.)
                          P.S. The board is getting weird today. I keep getting random "Database error" returns stating "The database has encountered a problem."
                          Me, too. Maybe those Russki hackers hit this forum?

Comment

• stanc
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2011

I know form should follow function and not fashion (Duh!), but I'd really like to see straight 15 round mags from Elander next. If they can make straight ones about the size of a 5.56 20 rounder that function flawlessly they'd be a great seller.

The curved 15/20 rounders just "look" so dang odd. We all grew up with straight 20's, so that is what they are "supposed" to look like.
                            I couldn't agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                              I took mine to the range and stuffed them with 25 apiece. They fit under the rifle with just about an inches worth of clearance with my Harris 6-8" bipod, and monopod on my PRS stock. I have to roll the rifle for mag changes, but I can easily live with that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5445[/ATTACH]

All mags fed perfectly, with no issues.

I am quite pleased.
                              Do the rounds rattle in your magazines when loaded to 25?

Sorry moderators remove if it should go into the Troubleshooting forum.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                                Chieftain
                                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by taggor View Post
                                Do the rounds rattle in your magazines when loaded to 25?

Sorry moderators remove if it should go into the Troubleshooting forum.
                                At 25, 23, 21, etc. down to about 9 yes. At 24, 22, 20, etc. no.

All mine rattle a bit with an odd # of rounds from about 9 and up. Even #'s never rattle. Must have something to do with the way the followers align with alternating stack pressure.

Doesn't bother me, as this is not my TAC weapon.
                                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
                                X