X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • molar
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2014

Interesting. I'll probably order 5 of them. Now if we can get them to make 15 to 17 rounders that actually work.

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

I got my order processed today totaling $95.00

Notes just have to wait it out..

Comment

• keith13b
        Unwashed
        • May 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post

Am I the only one spotting the elephant in the room. Any one hear any news on the steel case 6.5G ammo? I heard through the grape vine it will be available Dec 2014. Any one else hear any scuttlebutt?

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Uh . . . are you referring to steel-case 65G? Where you been, lately? On June 19, David Fortier posted on AR15.com that he had gotten the first shipments of Wolf's production 6.5 Grendel steel-case ammo. Another guy with an inside track also got some. So it's here, but it's not widely available yet to us unwashed masses.

There's a big thread on it here in the Ammunition section.
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• keith13b
            Unwashed
            • May 2011

I've heard a few people have tested it, but no word on public availability. I'll try searching the ammunition section. I've read everything on ARFCOM, but that got me no where on when/where to buy.

Edit: Ammunition thread has no new info either; damnit! Best I've heard was 12/14 for formal release.
            Last edited by keith13b; 07-17-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skyfish View Post
              That is good news, but I have mine in pieces. Ordered a barrel in Oct 2012 from Saturn(I quit calling about a year ago, I'm just going to wait and see now). Silly me, to take apart on verbal time frame of completion. Now when done with 7mm SAUM project. And have a even better load for 6.5 Creedmoor. I'll get back to MSR in 6.5 Grendel. And contact PF from the git go!

But the mag is great, best not to be single sourced.

Cancel the order and order a bartlien barrel from precision firearms. You will be shooting
              and having fun much sooner.

Comment

• olde sarge
                Warrior
                • May 2014

I'll have to second tango29's comment. I talked to Mark and he answered all of my annoying newby questions and is presently machining my new PF Bartlein barrel as we talk. Thank you Mark.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Alexander Arms has now set up a product code for their "fresh-off-the-boat" July special. Free shipping on an order of 5 or more of the new Elander magazines is here.
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• cory
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
                    Alexander Arms has now set up a product code for their "fresh-off-the-boat" July special. Free shipping on an order of 5 or more of the new Elander magazines is here.
                    WTH I just ordered 10 last night. So now I have to call to make sure I get that deal. Well lets see if I can get someone on the phone. HAHA
                    "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• cornholio1

CProducts Grendel Mags work just fine

Comment

I ordered 5, the discount applied.

Comment

• stevegun 1

Originally posted by cornholio1 View Post
                          +1, mine work very well.

Comment

Originally posted by cornholio1 View Post
                            Yep...they sure do. The 5 and 10 rounders work great for me but my 25 rounders are VERY unreliable. I'm just curious how some say they work fine. I have 6 or so of these C Products 25 round mags and mine just don't cut it. Not to be a smart axx but do you guys that state they are fine really shoot alot? I have no problem blowing through some ammo when pigs are out. Sometimes I run though 100 rounds a night and have a blast doing so. I've just decided that the Grendel is not my weapon of choice anymore due to the crappy mags. I've been running 75gr .223 ammo in my .223 AR just because these mags don't jam. I've just come to hate watching pigs run by me while I'm trying to unjam my Grendel. Again, 5-10 rounders are fine but I need more than 10 rounds.
                            I've heard all the recommendations of "just load 17 rounds" " tear down your mag and wire brush the inside" "put special oil on it and throw it in the oven" "play with the feed lips". That's bull crap! I have purchased 25 round mags and they should work, period. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Grendel hater, I own 3 that I built and really like the extra weight of 123 grain bullet when I use my Grendel over my 75 gr. 223. Just hate the malfunctions of the 6 mags that I own.
                            I am gonna order some of these new mags from Alexander Arms and I'll let you guys know my outcome. I have stated this before and I'll state it again "IMO the 25 round magazine is the weak link of the Grendel" I am hoping that will change.

Comment

• jawbone
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2012

I ordered 2, no free shipping. got them today, they are beauties. first rate craftsmanship.

Comment

• Lead Chucker

Yup I ordered 5 yesterday. Hope they ship soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X