• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

New 6.5 Grendel Magazines Now Here

Just got word from Alexander Arms that their new Elander 6.5 Grendel magazines are fresh off the boat and are in stock today. They'll be on AA's website by end of day today for ordering, or by phone. Retail is $19.70 each or $95.00/5 and the purchase of 5 also comes with FREE shipping; dealer discounts are available with provided FFLs.

Bill A. worked with Elander to engineer a no-compromise design for the 6.5 Grendel from the ground up, with the curvature and rib locations dedicated to the cartridge. Made of steel; 25-round capacity.

This should be the best 6.5 Grendel magazine yet.

John
    Attached Files
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • D.Davis
    Warrior
    • Sep 2013

I just called them and they are not yet packaged for sale. They said in a day or two. Dave.

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

I just called and got voicemail. :/ Oh well I left them a message letting them know I want to order a 5 pack and don't mind ordering now and waiting for a week to ship. Hopefully I'll get a call soon.
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• skyfish
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

That is good news, but I have mine in pieces. Ordered a barrel in Oct 2012 from Saturn(I quit calling about a year ago, I'm just going to wait and see now). Silly me, to take apart on verbal time frame of completion. Now when done with 7mm SAUM project. And have a even better load for 6.5 Creedmoor. I'll get back to MSR in 6.5 Grendel. And contact PF from the git go!

But the mag is great, best not to be single sourced.

Comment

• Michael
          Warrior
          • Jan 2012

Bumped into Bill A. a couple of months ago at the range. He had a couple of the stainless high cap mags and let me handle them. Didn't have my rifle with me, and he didn't have a Grendel either (he was testing the Ulfberht and I was shooting pistols). Bill made me promise not to say anything until they were on the AA website, so I kept my mouth shut and keyboard quiet.

My take is they are very solid, well-constructed magazines - reminiscent of the FN AR-15 magazines in their heft/weight. Plan on getting a few of the high cap and 10 rnd.
          I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
          - Voltaire

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
            Just got word from Alexander Arms that their new Elander 6.5 Grendel magazines are fresh off the boat and are in stock today.

This should be the best 6.5 Grendel magazine yet.
            Excellent! I look forward to hearing how they work out for people.

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Bumped into Bill A. a couple of months ago at the range. He had a couple of the stainless high cap mags and let me handle them. Didn't have my rifle with me, and he didn't have a Grendel either (he was testing the Ulfberht and I was shooting pistols). Bill made me promise not to say anything until they were on the AA website, so I kept my mouth shut and keyboard quiet.

My take is they are very solid, well-constructed magazines - reminiscent of the FN AR-15 magazines in their heft/weight. Plan on getting a few of the high cap and 10 rnd.
              Stainless? I thought they were regular steel? Did you mean HK instead of FN?
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I see the mags listed singularly at $19.70 retail, but I'm not seeing any 5 packs with free shipping listed yet.

Comment

• Michael
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                  Stainless? I thought they were regular steel? Did you mean HK instead of FN?
                  Variable - I think you are correct on both counts and I mis-typed.

Sorry for the confusion.
                  I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
                  - Voltaire

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

That's perfectly understandable. Trying to keep up with everything coming out AR part-wise these days is like juggling rabid cats. I get dizzy just trying to shop a build!LOL

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Too many have already fallen victim...

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rebelsoul
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Didn't see 10 round Elander mags on AA website. Will 10rd be available?
                        "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

As sold on AA website.

John
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                            Trying to keep up with everything coming out AR part-wise these days is like juggling rabid cats.
                            That is very funny.

The magazines are alloy steel but not strictly stainless material. The coating is extremely good and provides +96 hours of salt spray protection. We have these individually at $19.70 and packages of 5 at $95 They are a much more solid construction than the previous design especially the feed lips and base plate tabs. Elander did a superb job of setting the ribs and the column stacks are perfect, feed lips are fully deburred. These magazines should rival any regardless of caliber

Capacity is given as 24 but everyone tested happily holds and functions at 25.

The first batch is sat in the warehouse now and we will commence shipping this week. The supply will be good as we ordered ahead to make sure we do not run out quickly.

We have timed this as closely as possible to coincide with Wolf starting to deliver the steel cased Grendel ammunition and our new Incursion rifles and uppers. These have a 16" pencil style nitrided barrel with the a rifle length Mk10 hand guard. The barrel style, rifling type and finish was set for volume shooting the steel cased ammo.

Comment

• Variable
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                              That is very funny.

The magazines are alloy steel but not strictly stainless material. The coating is extremely good and provides +96 hours of salt spray protection. We have these individually at $19.70 and packages of 5 at $95 They are a much more solid construction than the previous design especially the feed lips and base plate tabs. Elander did a superb job of setting the ribs and the column stacks are perfect, feed lips are fully deburred. These magazines should rival any regardless of caliber

Capacity is given as 24 but everyone tested happily holds and functions at 25.

The first batch is sat in the warehouse now and we will commence shipping this week. The supply will be good as we ordered ahead to make sure we do not run out quickly.

We have timed this as closely as possible to coincide with Wolf starting to deliver the steel cased Grendel ammunition and our new Incursion rifles and uppers. These have a 16" pencil style nitrided barrel with the a rifle length Mk10 hand guard. The barrel style, rifling type and finish was set for volume shooting the steel cased ammo.
                              Thanks Bill.

I'm in for some. Still free shipping on the five packs?

Comment

Working...
                              X