What presses and dies are you using and general equipment recommendations.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

I’ve had my Forster CoAx for almost 2 mo now.Still have my Rockchucker.Its a workhouse and I will always keep it bolted on the other side of the bench.But,I really like the CoAx.Made me get excited about reloading again!So much,that I have reloaded a couple thousand rounds since I got it.I also got the inline fabrication roller lever,increased access linkage and led light.The way the dies float in the press reduced my bullet runout.Used to get some around .007 with the Rockchucker.Haven’t found anything yet over .003 w/the CoAx.I can also much faster because of the universal shell holder jaws.And my groups at 600yrds have gotten more consistent.

Comment

• Plainsman
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2019

I have three presses on the bench: a ?55 vintage CH-Magnum H-press; an RCBS Rockchucker; and a Dillon 550B. I use an RCBS Chargemaster for long guns and the Little Dandy (mostly) for handgun. The hottest handgun ammo is done on the Chargemaster. Dies are all over the place, Hornady, Forster, Dillon, Redding, Lee, etc. B/c I like to SEE the charges in cases I use the Dillon as a ?semi-progressive,? removing cases after sizing,priming, belling and charging them in a block. The I re-insert for seating and crimping (if necessary) in two separate and final steps. Works for me.

Comment

• GREYBUFF
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

As stated earlier I process & load rifle brass on an RCBS junior that I've had 50+ years. Recently read on this site (I think) about the Quinetics universal shell holder so I ordered one and so far really like it. You need to readjust your dies to the new shell holder, but once that is done you don't need to change shell holders when you change calibers, dies etc. It's a minor thing but definitely a bit of a time saver. All in all for about $20, i like it.
        I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• DVDVC
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2020

I have three primary presses that I use. Dillon 550 with a mixture of dies, eight complete tool heads with Dillon powder measures, aftermarket adjustment knobs on the powder measures. I use this mostly for high volume pistol and rifle plinking ammo. For precision rifle ammo, I use a Redding T7 turret or my Forster/Bonanza Co-Ax. I tend to de-prime my brass prior to cleaning and resizing. The Co-AX is the best de-priming device with it's primer collection system known to man. I prefer Redding dies but have used and have dies from all the common manufacturers.

Comment

• Enrico Togni
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2020

I seems, but i might be wrong, that our friend asked for opinions about GRENDEL equipment. Most of comments involve general stuffs, pistol reloading included.
            Last edited by Enrico Togni; 12-25-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• centerfire
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

The time has come to say goodbye to my Forster CoAx press. I've been pretty lukewarm on it for the last year but wasn't sure what I wanted to replace it with. In the end, for my use, every feature that I thought would be a benefit to me ended up being a detriment. The press has a lot going for it but the endless work arounds finally wore on me enough to just go back to the other presses I already have. Oh well, onward and upward.

Comment

• nodakjohns
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2020

I run a coax with redding national match dies for my soon to be completed 6.5 upper.

Comment

• Constitutionalist
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

I'm using a 40 year old RCBS Rockchucker and a 10 year old Lee Classic Cast. Hornady dies

Comment

• Cal
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2019

I find the Lee Classic Turret to work pretty darn well. When using the Lee Auto Drum powder measure on top, the charges are consistent to maybe 0.1grns light.
                    I've read alot about the quality of Lee dies, or lack there of. The best I can say is that my Savage Model 16 really likes the 62grn BTHP's I mix up for it...I know, I gotta post pics.
                    (I'm a workin on it, life does get in the way of our favorite pass time.)
                    So now I'm getting ready to start mixing up some meds for my Gren.

Comment

• Roughwater
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2022

Originally posted by oldbarnowl View Post
                      My favorite bit of help, The Sheridan slot guage. Especially if you resize 7.62x39 brass to Grendel. Lets you see exactly what is going on...

I just want to say I like the idea behind that tool and though I haven't made a brass from other calibers I like the idea anyway.

Comment

• Roughwater
                        Unwashed
                        • Jan 2022

I love my Forester Coax press. Seldom change out shell holders, reliable, powerful, accurate and simple.

Forester Coax press - 1-26-22.jpgForester Coax press - 1-26-22.jpg

Comment

• Jake TN
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2019

Comment

• Popeye212
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2018

Mec Marksman Forster dies. Actually just bought another one.

Comment

• myrifle
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Rc IV for the press, foster full length die for the ar grendels, redding bushing die for the bolt grendel and a foster micro meter seater.

Comment

• Fodderwing
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jan 2022

Since I already own two 550B's, one for large primer and one for small primer, I am acquiring the pieces to load 6.5 Grendel, too. I have a toolhead set up for 223 that goes bang in my AR's.

I found a set Lee dies, a Dillon conversion kit, I have a powder drop or two on the shelf. Have about 3-4 powder options on hand, just need some brass and bullets. I bought 200 rounds of Hornady ammo, so I will place a tarp on the ground at my shooting range and catch that brass.

As long as I can kill a pig or even a deer at a couple hundred yards, I will be content.

Comment

Working...
                                X