X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

The center nip is not the issue- I can erase that here. It's the leading edge of the rim-base, that's the concern--- plus the Dent! I can fix all these issues. Or tell you all that bought these how to fix at home. Really easy. It's a machining oops. Copper is new to this guy. He's a brass monkey Hee.

If we can lose, or minimize the Alum. tip, prices go down ! Just a thought , for a redesign. I have it here. Just need congressional approval from BFT.

No time for a YouTube video, sorry. I'm A 12 hr per day busy guy .. 6 days a week.

Between my day job, and this forum, my hobbies, I'm short on time. Cad programs , designs with my Rels. @ cirrus airplane company in Duluth, parachute plane we call it.
    I like to help family out when in doubt.

Outer rear edge is the best option as The Problem- dent too. We'll know asap.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 03-17-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Crank the brain forward

Comment

• am4966
        Chieftain
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
        The center nip is not the issue- I can erase that here. It's the leading edge of the rim-base, that's the concern--- plus the Dent! I can fix all these issues. Or tell you all that bought these how to fix at home. Really easy. It's a machining oops. Copper is new to this guy. He's a brass monkey Hee.

If we can lose, or minimize the Alum. tip, prices go down ! Just a thought , for a redesign. I have it here. Just need congressional approval from BFT.

No time for a YouTube video, sorry. I'm A 12 hr per day busy guy .. 6 days a week.

Between my day job, and this forum, my hobbies, I'm short on time. Cad programs , designs with my Rels. @ cirrus airplane company in Duluth, parachute plane we call it.
        I like to help family out when in doubt.

Outer rear edge is the best option as The Problem- dent too. We'll know asap.
        I read what the issue is and knew that. I was just putting out how to fix the nipple, like you said you can fix it. but I feel the video helps explain why you get the nipple and how to fix it for those who don't know and are curious about the issue.

I wish I had a answer for b the problem but I don't, I have confidence that you and the team will fix it.
        12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
        Surge - Rugged Suppressor
        Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Thanks am- your input is cructial to the outcome of this pill. Any decent input is welcomed.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
            Anthony, that link brings me to a barrel extension video? Is that the correct link?
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

BFT, it shows the nip being left on his barrel extension and how he got rid of it. Start at 4:20 in and runs about a minute from there
              Last edited by kmon; 03-18-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Excellent, thanks.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

I removed the dent, & burr of the base of the 5 pills I have left. Looks good. Only lost 1 grn. of copper. I honed the 95's too.

We have no alum tips here. Tips weigh 4 grns.

I sent a pic of a prototype plastic tip out today. It would do the same flight as the alum., yet bring the cost down. Looks like the one from the Barnes Tac X .300 BLK pic.

Anyone on here a plastic injection - molde maker dude? I have an idea...
                  Last edited by sneaky one; 03-18-2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• ricsmall
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

Here's a pic sneaky sent for me to post up. He's having tech troubles again. He got pill cleaned up and it looks promising. Anxious to see the results.

Richard
                    Attached Files
                    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• customcutter
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2014

I feel his pain. My verizon phone won't send pic's to my verizon email (used to be yahoo, until last week). I could send pics to my wife's verizon phone and she would send them to my email. Now when she sends them to my verizon email (now it's aol) it says there is an attachment. I open it, but it's not there and won't download it because it doesn't see it. I had to find a cable to link my phone to my laptop, then upload to photobucket because the pics are too big to upload directly. Ain't technology great?????? I'm getting too old for this ****************.

Back on topic, can't wait to see the results. I bet they are much better....

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

RS , thanks for the pic posting. Sorry, I like to include a many-

No rezponze on the plaztic injection mouldingz ideaz I zent out dare. BFT could make thiz pill in a lower price point ,,, if plastic was the tip, instead of alum. hmmmmm....

A Many few backed me on the plastic tip idea , thanks guys!

It's BFT' show, he's the horse- I'm just the jockey. - helping out on stuff.-

There is something great here, takes time to find it- sometimes quickly, an den ? Not
                        CC, you can't be too old, as you can still type. How you gonna finish up my 80 % lowers if you can't ?

Input from the gang ?
                        Last edited by sneaky one; 03-28-2016, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• customcutter
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2014

Yea Sneaky, I can type, but what you don't know is that I learned to type on a manual typewriter. Electric typewriters were just coming out and there were only two in the classroom. LOL. Word Processors were still years away.....and nobody was thinking about plastic tipped bullets.

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

OMG. ! CC, ! That's the best response ever dude ! Yeah, I found a few plastic tipped, and Poly surrounded lead pills yesterday - online-

9 pennys each for some 357 sig bullets, 38 spl. - etc.

I'm pushing on plastic , for a reason. 2 more plastic coated showed up , that we will push ASAP. Hang on man,busy. No bbl., wear -plastic coated pills--

The Comedy is here., for me. yet,. I will work upon the bullets firstly for this thread. We will see what comes of this.

Lead free is the main goal- plastic works too.
                            Last edited by sneaky one; 03-28-2016, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• newb
                              Warrior
                              • Feb 2015

Consider Teflon? higher melting point than plastic....

Comment

• sneaky one
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

newb, can you help on that end? PM me when you have time.

If you can, I'll keep you busy for a while - if interested. ?

Comment

Working...
                                X