X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Bobber, really? Chicks, your wife reads this! Don't give up your GRrrr.rifle if divorce is imminent!,,,- Joking...... - I am only stating the consistant range-takes all doubt out of the equation is all, plus 4''-5" above the chrono-(eyes) for the bullet. I guess I care too much? BTW, I plan to meet up with mseric -maybe next month or 2 to retry the 3k try. New plan, for fun only. I should hit 2950 safely, then that's it. Anyone with 24-28 " tubes will hit 3000-3100. More later, wish me luck-I'll be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by adamjp View Post
      I chronographed a load this morning that went over 3000fps with a 100gn Nosler Ballistic Tip seated over 31gn of a local powder started by a Rem 7.5 primer. 21inch barrel.
      Avg was 3020fps, ES 6.7fps, SD 3fps. You would think accuracy would be good wouldn't you? It was horrible, with groups hovering around 1.25inches.
      It seems that the stock was flexing enough to touch the barrel, I've opened up the gap enough to stop that crap from happening again.

Comment

Sneaky, have you tried Moly-coating and using a faster powder? The Moly might extend the jump distance into the lands, allowing more pressure to distribute over the curve, rather than spike with a naked pill with fast powder.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

A quicker powder is in the realm, why do you ask ?

Comment

Working...
          X