Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Guys:

Keep it on topic please.

Comment

• rebelsoul
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

I hope this latest buzz is not "Lucy with the football". If cheap steel case comes out, I plan to take my family out shooting more often. I would like my girls to blast away until they can handle their grendels as well as they handle I-Phones. NO JOKE !
      "When you have to shoot... Shoot! Don't talk." Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez a.k.a. "The Rat".

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

RS, it's real. It's here. But it'll take a gradual path to roll it out. Far more gradually than we'd like. We're at the stage where the snowball just starts rolling down the hill, before it gathers both mass and speed.

John
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• hellcat370

Personally, I can't wait for the cheaper stuff to come out. I love target shooting, and even with Wolf Gold its a bit pricey for my broke ass to shoot more than a couple boxes every few months. Don't want t dig to deep into my stores Be nice to do some rapid fire shooting without breaking the bank.

Comment

• When you say "the cheaper stuff" do you mean you have heard a selling price for the steel case? Or (and I say this with respect) your just like the rest of us and hoping its cheaper?

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
              Warrior
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
              When you say "the cheaper stuff" do you mean you have heard a selling price for the steel case? Or (and I say this with respect) your just like the rest of us and hoping its cheaper?
              Getting definitive information from WOLF is like pulling teeth. Indeed, I just yesterday sent them an E-mail re same. That said, re the expected price of WOLF 6.5mm Grendel Steel Case ammo: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...el-Case/page51 (Scroll down the Page to Reply #508).

Comment

• hellcat370

No offense taken, but considering that all steel case ammo, whether Wolf, Tula, Hornady, etc. is cheaper than brass cased, it would be a reasonable assumption that it will be cheaper than Wolf's Grendel Gold Line loadings in MPT and SP. Even at $10 a box its still more economical than anything else out there. It would be nice if Hornady would get on the steel cased Grendel wagon. I've had great groups with their steel match in .223, and through a phone conversation with them, learned that their steel cases are made in Russia.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2013

"It would be nice if Hornady would get on the steel cased Grendel wagon."

+1

Comment

• rust4brains

Originally posted by short-n-sassy View Post
                    "it would be nice if hornady would get on the steel cased grendel wagon."

+1
                    ++++++++++++++100000000000000000

r4b

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2012

I would love that too...unless of course Hornady is going to start using their money to kill people in the Ukraine also...if they do...then I have no preference. : )

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Anybody seen ANY Hornady Steel Match lately? I haven't and can't find a source. I'm wondering if the Russians have cut off the source to Hornady.

Comment

• Drifter
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                          Anybody seen ANY Hornady Steel Match lately? I haven't and can't find a source. I'm wondering if the Russians have cut off the source to Hornady.
                          Midway currently has two Hornady steel case ammo items in stock:

308 Match http://www.midwayusa.com/product/861...ProductFinding

7.62x39 http://www.midwayusa.com/product/116...ProductFinding
                          Drifter

Comment

• bwaites
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
                            Midway currently has two Hornady steel case ammo items in stock:

308 Match http://www.midwayusa.com/product/861...ProductFinding

7.62x39 http://www.midwayusa.com/product/116...ProductFinding
                            No .223 or 9mm, which are the two most commonly used by far, that's interesting.

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Variable
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2011

That works out to $373.80 per 1k. It might be accurate plinking fodder (I've never tried it), but I'd buy GI ball and keep the brass at that price. I say that because the price doesn't make it a very good deal for an economy load. Maybe it's normally cheaper though. I dunno? I haven't been watching it.

If they had 6.5 for that price it'd be attractive compared to what's currently available though.
                                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Working...
                                X