X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

MS, I'm using them right now in my 6.5CM-22" with some H4350... still playing with seating depth but so far I can get them into 0.8"/100 yd groups of 4. Not blazing fast but good for 300 yds or so, which was my goal.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• meatsweats
      Warrior
      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      MS, I'm using them right now in my 6.5CM-22" with some H4350... still playing with seating depth but so far I can get them into 0.8"/100 yd groups of 4. Not blazing fast but good for 300 yds or so, which was my goal.

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

Get a Stoney point (Hornady)comparator.It measures bullets from the ogive to give a more precise measurement.

Comment

• outdoorgeneralist
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2019

Of the powders I have, Varget was first on the Speer data, but their max of 26.8gr put me at 2200fps out of my 20" BA barrel. No pressure signs, and I usually get ejector swipes even with factory loads. Accuracy was just so-so, best group was 1.25 MOA, with four shots just under 1MOA on the last group (highest charge.) I'm confident that I could push the load up fairly significantly, but I'm wondering if it's worth it with Varget. I have both AR-Comp and 8208XBR. Should I keep going or move on to a different powder? Anybody else try Varget with the 120 SGD?

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

IMO the Grendel there is not worth throwing varget down the tube, save it for the 223, 308, etc calibers.
            You might be able to work up a ladder set w/ GD's and PH's. what I did was to basically load pro hunters and gold dots side by side w/ pro hunter CFE data, moving up slowly and watch for pressure signs or MV curve reversals... now this was with my 6.5 howa bolt action and chrony, I do not know how the AR frame would work at my loadings.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Rosecrans1
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

Same opinion for Varget. I use it for 308/300SAV/7mm08 but it isn't for the Grendel. I believe it has been discussed on the board on other threads with the consensus being the same.

Comment

• meatsweats
                Warrior
                • Aug 2018

Originally posted by FLshooter View Post
                Get a Stoney point (Hornady)comparator.It measures bullets from the ogive to give a more precise measurement.

Comment

• CDC outdoors
                  Unwashed
                  • Jun 2019

Here are my results with these bullets wth tac and xbr8208.

Comment

• Rosecrans1
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2019

CDC.What barrel length are you shooting these from if I may ask?

Comment

• CDC outdoors
                      Unwashed
                      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Rosecrans1 View Post
                      CDC.What barrel length are you shooting these from if I may ask?
                      Its an 18 Sanders armory barrel.

Comment

• Rosecrans1
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2019

Thanks for the info on the barrel. Was interested with my use of the Gold Dots and XBR. I don't have a chronograph.

Comment

Working...
                        X