Load Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jessegibson1978 View Post
    If you want to deprime those cases pull the bullet dump the powder and spay WD-40 into the case let it soak overnight and the primer should be rendered inert. Just a thought above all be safe.
    If you do this, and I agree it will work, then you will need to degrease the inside of the case or risk contaminating new primers.

Comment

Ok. I'm not going to deprime them. I put my factory hammer spring in today and shot twenty reloads with no problems! Evidently it wasn't striking the primer as good as I thought. Good learning lesson. Thanks for all of the advice.

Comment

120 grain core lokt + 27 grains of benchmark

I got back from the range with my new Grendel build. Using 120 grain Remington core lokt over 27 grains of benchmark worked great. I also loaded some with 23 grains of benchmark. The 23 grainers wouldn't cycle properly.

Comment

Originally posted by rhyno_071 View Post
          Anybody have any loads to share for 107gr SMK? I have BL-C2, IMR 8208 XBR, and Varget powders available. Also, I've been using CCI 450 primers and I've had about 10 reloads not fire, but the primer was struck well by the firing pin. Any suggestions on primers?
          450 cci cups are pretty hard, try changing out your hammer spring to a heavier one...

Comment

Originally posted by urdaloser View Post
            450 cci cups are pretty hard, try changing out your hammer spring to a heavier one...
            I did and that fixed it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
              Primers are right. My most accurate load of XBR for the 107 has been 28.5 grains, posted here:

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...highlight=8208
              That's a great group. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X