Dallas area Grendel Reloaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are just getting started out, over on snipershide.com they have a pretty decent sticky in thier reloading area that pretty well explains the basics involved in loading. All reloading kits come with a loading manual that also explains the basics well enough to get started. I know the Sierra manual that came with mine was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by mwilkins View Post
      jkingrph, Thanks very much for the offer. You are a little over two and a half hours out from me. If nothing a little closer is offered, I might take you up on that. Is there any ranges down that way close to you? If I made a trip down that way, it would be nice to hit a range and make an afternoon out of it.
      Sorry to take so long replying. My range is about another 50 miles ne, just off I 20 south of Longview.

Looking back I see Curtis has offered, 15 minutes beats what would turn into nearly an all day trip.

Like some of the others said there are some on line videos, and I think there are some CD's showing how.

Back in 1963 when I got my first centerfire, dad located a pawn shop/sporting goods store that had reloading supplies and a press for use. Those gentlemen showed me how and I could use the press and powder scale as long as I purchased supplies there, so it worked out well for us for a couple of years. If I remember correctly I paid by the round for powder, out of a 50 lb keg, and would sit on it while working the press. Those were the good old days, things were a bit simpler then, needed to be I was just starting college.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-13-2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Well, I'm new on this forum but not to reloading-- I'm in north Ft Worth, a little south of Cabelas. I always have something in the works, and am fixing to get set up for the Grendel. I got member Bennybone started, and he still has both eyebrows and ten fingers! It ain't rocket science-would love to have ya drop by some evening-
        Dennis

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies guys. Curtis spent a considerable amount of time with me (more than I expected) and showed me many different options. Even let me work with some of his equipment. So now I have a direction to follow with a good start on process with a handful of tips for the do's and dont's. All I need now is to start collecting all of my working parts.... press, dies, scales, etc......

Really looking forward to getting my feet wet and to start loading up some of my own rounds. There is this gut feeling that once I get started, the A.D.D. is going to kick in and I will spend more than enough time at the work bench developing rounds.

Curtis was a big help so I need to extend a thank you out here on the forum to him. He has a vast amount of knowledge. Of what he shared, it will definitely benefit me in this new venture. Once the work begins, I will make sure to share my results with the horde. Probably ask a lot of questions too.......

Comment

• Texas Sheepdawg

I'm 35 miles north of Plano up in Fannin County. Renovating my 100 yard rifle range and backstop. Hopefully by summer it will be finished. Still got about 1000 feet of fence to put up to finish my south pasture. When complete, I won't have to mow my range as much because I intend to let my goats do the work for me to save fuel.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

How did I miss this thread? Cool toy! It's kind of ironic that I drove to just south of Waco two days ago to buy a lathe from a guy that is a rocket test engineer. Until then I didn't know there were rocket test facilities in Waco.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
              X