• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outbreaker
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
    You kind of missed the whole point of my post sir.

See my comment about the LRX copper treatment.
    I did not miss the point. I was trying to support it. I am done with Barnes bullets in the Grendel until I know they will open.

Comment

• Dinny
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      maybe they have some "military intel" guys working for them lol!
      I'm not sure how to take this....

I would like to see more info about this new ammo. Maybe they will surprise us with a FB bullet with a long slender ogive that feed well in ARs and bolts alike.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• 1075 tech
        Warrior
        • Apr 2015

Barnes VOR-TX 6.5 Grendel Ammo 115 Grain TTSX Boat Tail for sale at Target Sports USA with free shipping available. Enjoy deals on 6.5 Creedmoor amm

$29.99/20. Not currently in stock.

Comment

• FW Conch
          Warrior
          • Nov 2014

Thank You for Your extensive and Honorable Service Dinny!

Comment

• therealtrikky
            Bloodstained
            • Jun 2019

These are showing in stock at a few places comparably priced to what I pay for Hornady 123SST, can't help but wondering if it'd be worth trying them out on a few hogs around here. Down side, means zeroing again with expensive ammo (again)... {sigh}.. Decisions decisions

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by therealtrikky View Post
              These are showing in stock at a few places comparably priced to what I pay for Hornady 123SST, can't help but wondering if it'd be worth trying them out on a few hogs around here. Down side, means zeroing again with expensive ammo (again)... {sigh}.. Decisions decisions
              Links to instock ammo please.

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Dinny View Post
                I'm not sure how to take this....

I would like to see more info about this new ammo. Maybe they will surprise us with a FB bullet with a long slender ogive that feed well in ARs and bolts alike.

Thanks, Dinny
                Dinny it was just the old "military intelligence" joke, present company excepted of course!!!
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• therealtrikky
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                  Links to instock ammo please.
                  Barnes Ammo VOR-Tx 6.5 Grendel 115Gr. TTSX-BT 20 PackCaliber: 6.5 Grendel Bullet Type: Copper Bullet Weight In GRAINS: 115 GRAINS Cartridges Per Box: 20 Boxes Per Case: 10 RELOADABLE: Y Manufacturer: BarnesModel No: 30829

There are several sites showing it "in stock" now, but more are pricing it at $35-39/box.. Can't say anything about this site, never dealt with them before but show to have a couple hundred boxes in stock at a "special price"..

Comment

• therealtrikky
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2019

Bud's is showing it too for a "reasonable price" so it's hitting shelves it'd seem.

Disclaimer, I say it's a reasonable price compared to off the shelf ammo for those like me who have yet to dive into reloading & care about dropping hogs (I've had less than stellar results using HDY Black so have been sticking with SST).

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by therealtrikky View Post
                      https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...s_id/713088164

Bud's is showing it too for a "reasonable price" so it's hitting shelves it'd seem.

Disclaimer, I say it's a reasonable price compared to off the shelf ammo for those like me who have yet to dive into reloading & care about dropping hogs (I've had less than stellar results using HDY Black so have been sticking with SST).
                      That's a bit more then what I would pay to keep it stocked up, if I was a factory ammo only type of guy. Not bad priced but a bit over market really. At 20 to 22 a box it would be very well priced with other options.

But it's also very new to market, so maybe the price per box will come down a lil bit.

I may grab a box or 3 for testing intel.

Comment

• therealtrikky
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jun 2019

As a full disclaimer - I'm rarely smart enough to plan ahead well enough to order ammo from online vendors & catch myself "almost out" as a result (I know, I know). The only 2 stores in my area that carry Grendel ammo are $24 & $26 per box on SST so it's not that far "out of the norm" for where I am really.

I also need to do a bit of tax research before doing too much more this year also - given I use it for farm protection there are certain "tax advantages" I need to look into to decide if it's worth all the paperwork.

Comment

• burnsy13
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2017

We have word on expansion threshold yet?

Comment

• grayfox
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2017

Ammoseek has the ammo for about $27.50/box, shipping would be some extra, there are a few places on there that show it in stock... So a bit above general "market" but then again, it's a lead-free, so...
                            I didn't see any plain bullets on there yet, that's what I'd be looking for.
                            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2015

Chase Young. Barnes tech says 1500 min fps for the 115 grain bullet used in the Barnes 6.5 grendel loaded ammo.

Comment

• jmkhenka
                                Bloodstained
                                • Mar 2020

I dont think there is any problem with expansion, the box V0 is 3200 FPS...

Comment

Working...
                                X