Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

just a few quick shots at 425 and 680y

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

my new bipods got here today

deff much nicer and more stable then the super cheap ones i had before should help me out a lil

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

weather been crappy snow and rain so havent done much , just back to prepping more brass

should be up into the 50;s this weekend so hopefully ill be back at it maybe try to stretch the grendel out further then i have already and see how well i can do with it

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

10 rounds of 28.2g ppv hornaday brass cci small rifle primer and this time 123g midsouth monster match bullets instead of my usual 123 eld-m
          2.160 oal

2390-2412 fps across the 10 rounds
          Squares on target measure .535 of an inch

Scope is zeroed for my 90g tnt load
          Last edited by mel; 02-01-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• tdbru
            Warrior
            • Dec 2019

good job Mel. looks like you're getting there.
            -tdbru

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
              good job Mel. looks like you're getting there.
              -tdbru
              ty
              thats the best the ms mm bullets have shot out of my grendel so far i think im going to keep working with them a bit see if i cant tighten them up a bit more , maybe i can get those to shoot as well as the eld-m,s which would save me a bit of money

so far my rifle has liked just about everything ive shot out of it i think im going to try some 108g scenars and 130g rdf bullets in it next

edit

going to head out here in a bit with some 28.2g eld-m loads and shoot some 800-1000 maybe further shots on the gong
              Last edited by mel; 02-02-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

had some wierd chrono results today was setting up a new profile in my scope for all the different bullets and loads im shooting and for whatever reason my chrono read 2900-3015 fps on 4 out of 10 shots , i know theres no way in hell an 123g eld-m was comming out of my grendel that fast was just wierd , the rest of the rounds all registered at 2460-2480 with 28.2g of ppv grouped as expected at under a half inch for a 5 round group

tommorow is our last nice day before it starts snowing again so ima try to get out and get some long rang stuff in while i can

Comment

• mel
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2019

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

going to make an attemp at 1250 yards today with a 29g ppv load , this is a one shot load as it ruins the primer pocket
                    weather conditions arent ideal with a 10-13mph wind coming out of the south east but ima give it a shot anyways
                    chrono speed was in the 2560-2575fps range across 3 shots

ill post up vid , results later

Comment

• mel
                      Chieftain
                      • Nov 2019

Incase anyone is wondering why id use a load that hurts the brass here 100y 3 rd group i just shot sighting in the scope

of course the most accurate load out of my gun would b this one
                      Last edited by mel; 03-15-2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• mel
                        Chieftain
                        • Nov 2019

i did have some luck and got a few hits lot harder then i thought without a spotter as the ground was to wet and i couldnt see my hits in the dirt around the gong threw the scope even at 52x

soon as i get the vids off the scope ill get them uploaded , i think on a calmer day im going to keep pushing back lil by lil and see just how far i can take it out and still get hits

edit put results here
                        Last edited by mel; 03-16-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X