X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenn54
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2020

I have an opportunity to buy SPP and SRP for $125/1,000. Seeing this makes me feel a little better about the price.

Originally posted by PrecisionFirearms View Post
    We are giving $150 in store credit per brick for those bringing them into the store. or $130 in cash.

Comment

• biodsl
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2011

I got to the webpage 10 minutes after Midway notified me CCI #41 primers were in stock. They weren't in stock any longer.
      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• defiant-1
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2020

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
        I got to the webpage 10 minutes after Midway notified me CCI #41 primers were in stock. They weren't in stock any longer.
        Biodsl,

"MAYBE", by the time you got the notification the Midway employees had bought up the primers and were on their way to sell them on GB...no proof...just saying...

These are crazy times for firearm related products.

Regards,
        D1

Comment

• Razorback
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2020

Here in Upstate N.Y. we got nothing everything has dried up, ammo and components are GONE. I refuse to add to the new normal of elevated pricing, by buying at escalated and rip-off prices. I try to buy when stuff is cheap and STOCKPILE my go to components, as best I can or buy ammo when the prices are too good to pass up on!!

I am looking forward to the day when ammo companies figure out that supplying a demand is essential to making profits. Trying to ramp up during a shortage is a s useful as wearing a condom after sex. The new ads that ammo companies are making are more akin to damage control!

A BILLION dollar$ in backlog$ by Vista Outdoors, ALONE...hopefully that changes some business models (I won't hold my breath)! It is not like they have never experienced an ammo shortage before...LOL! The new normal is supply interruptions (SHORTAGES) and price gouging every time there is a crisis...PERIOD!

Comment

• maximus83
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2019

Got my first Grendel upper late last year, a PF from Mark, and couldn't be more pleased with Grendel's ballistic performance in general, and my PF upper. In the runup to an election year I expect some cyclical price and availability swings of ammo and firearms, and all that was made worse this time around for all the known reasons. I got out of reloading several years ago due to reasons, but it didn't affect me here as I had built up my cache of loaded ammo well ahead of the pandemic and election.

But this time around, seems like there was 'new' twist to the shortages. It was a like a perfect storm combining election cycle worries about gun control, panic buying due to the social unrest, and actual shortages (such as primers) that came not only from the extra consumer demand, but also from disruption in the supply (e.g., some mining and factories shut down for a while due to Covid). After this perfect storm hit, it's been unlike anything I recall seeing in 40+ years of shooting. Although ammunition manufacturers are working nonstop to meet the demand, they are so far underwater just to meet the demand for primary popular calibers, that anything considered a niche caliber has been deprioritized.

This is the situation I'm wondering about: even setting aside concerns about the 2A and the political climate in the future, the issue is once I've shot up my current cache of 6.5G, I'm kind of doubting if I'll be able to keep feeding the my Grendel upper and shooting regularly. And similarly, if they aren't able to start producing more 6.5G ammo in the near future, it'll start to depress sales of new 6.5 rifles.

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by Razorback View Post
              Here in Upstate N.Y. we got nothing everything has dried up, ammo and components are GONE. I refuse to add to the new normal of elevated pricing, by buying at escalated and rip-off prices. I try to buy when stuff is cheap and STOCKPILE my go to components, as best I can or buy ammo when the prices are too good to pass up on!!

I am looking forward to the day when ammo companies figure out that supplying a demand is essential to making profits. Trying to ramp up during a shortage is a s useful as wearing a condom after sex. The new ads that ammo companies are making are more akin to damage control!

A BILLION dollar$ in backlog$ by Vista Outdoors, ALONE...hopefully that changes some business models (I won't hold my breath)! It is not like they have never experienced an ammo shortage before...LOL! The new normal is supply interruptions (SHORTAGES) and price gouging every time there is a crisis...PERIOD!
              This has a bit of an impact on business models:

Screenshot_20201222-062130_copy_779x532.png
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by maximus83 View Post
                This is the situation I'm wondering about: even setting aside concerns about the 2A and the political climate in the future, the issue is once I've shot up my current cache of 6.5G, I'm kind of doubting if I'll be able to keep feeding the my Grendel upper and shooting regularly. And similarly, if they aren't able to start producing more 6.5G ammo in the near future, it'll start to depress sales of new 6.5 rifles.
                I share your concern. The fact of the matter is it's not just Grendel ammo. Everything's been in short supply. I didn't lay up near enough .223 to consider recreational shooting with it as I won't dip into my EOTWAWKI supply. Without a supply of primers, I won't be shooting my Grendels after April or May. Again, I have a supply of Hornady American Gunner that I won't dip into.

I've got a fair amount of .22LR and suspect I'll be shooting mostly rimfire this summer if nothing changes.
                Last edited by biodsl; 01-01-2021, 08:01 PM.
                Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

Working...
                X