Clear All
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

Yeah I couldn't adjust while we were out testing and I have the gas setup compromised between unsupressed and suppressed with my can so I don't have to dick with it when I swap back and forth. It's slightly undergassed unsuppressed but cycles reliably , and slightly overgassed with my can but also cycles reliably.

Ended up putting 2 form 1 cans on my gun since I have the same qd as my buddies bolt guns and we wanted a comparison between the cans vs a yhm resonator on both bolt and gas guns and he doesn't have a qd on his gas grendel.we found out the more efficient baffles aren't needed on a gas gun , and made no difference on a bolt gun. Though I do think had I been able to turn the gas down on my gun we could have dropped another 3-4 DB on the gas gun with the more efficient baffles
      Last edited by mel; 07-14-2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

shot some more of my 28.7g loads since temp was up over 95* and was seeing 256x for mv's so im looking at a 10 ish fps increase over the 60* temps when i last chronoed this load back in early april
        sooin as my 20 moa mount gets here ill get back to some elr stuff with the rdf hopefully thats soon as we just cut the alf-alfa field i need to shoot from to do anything in the 1500-2500y range

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

going to do some shooting tonight in the 1500y range with the rdf's been a while and the itch is comming back lol

Comment

• Mad Charlie
            Warrior
            • May 2017

A little late, but good luck.

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
              A little late, but good luck.
              no spotter called it a night before i even tried

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

2700fps rdfs anyone 2 bottom groups are a 3rd and 5rd group. My first ever ppv spike . Theese should b going 2600

Comment

• 65Whelen
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

I can add some numbers here. I've got an 18" Larue shooting the Nosler 129 ABLR
                  Power Pro Varmint
                  27.7/average 2255fps/ SD 28/ ES 71
                  28.0/average 2286fps/SD 12/ES 35
                  28.3/average 2319fps/SD 9/ES 22
                  28.6/average 2331fps/SD 21/ES 46
                  28.9/average 2355fps/SD 6/ ES 18

My accuracy was for sh#t, tried three different bullets (Nosler 129 ABLR, Hornady 129 SST and Berger 130 AR) nothing shot under 2 MOA. Going back to Leverevolution. Going out in the morning, hopefully I'll have something positive to post.
                  Last edited by 65Whelen; 10-04-2020, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

Originally posted by 65Whelen View Post
                    I can add some numbers here. I've got an 18" Larue shooting the Nosler 129 ABLR
                    Power Pro Varmint
                    27.7/average 2255fps/ SD 28/ ES 71
                    28.0/average 2286fps/SD 12/ES 35
                    28.3/average 2319fps/SD 9/ES 22
                    28.6/average 2331fps/SD 21/ES 46
                    28.9/average 2355fps/SD 6/ ES 18

My accuracy was for sh#t, tried three different bullets (Nosler 129 ABLR, Hornady 129 SST and Berger 130 AR) nothing shot under 2 MOA. Going back to Leverevolution. Going out in the morning, hopefully I'll have something positive to post.
                    i would try 27.9 , 28.1 , 28.8 and 29g if ur still safe at 28.9 , also play with seating depth at 28.9

im going to head out in a bit and put my rifle back into its lr config and hopefully get to shoot more of theese rdf's and a-tips today , its going to be between 70-80* out depending on what time i actually do some shooting
                    also need to clean my reloading bench its a freaking mess
                    Last edited by mel; 10-04-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• mel
                      Chieftain
                      • Nov 2019

just got back mirage was so bad at 1450y that i couldnt see my own splashes or hits just had to sit an wait to see if i could hear the gong after every shot got a bunch of hits though even under those conditions . im going to go back later tonight and do some more shooting when the conditions are better , and ill get the videos up after that , i have a massive backlog of hunting and shooting vids to get up.

im also going to sling a bunch of those a-tips down range tonight along with the rdf's to do a side by side at 1450/1500y range
                      rifle back in lr cconfig with my 30 moa rail on it

edit

forgot to add i have 2 new ar500 gongs being delivered tommorow an 8 inch and a 12 inch , im going to use the 8 inch for 800y and in and im going to set the 12 inch out for 1000-2000y for both my grendel and my creedmoors to make things a lil more challenging , ive been using an 18inch gong
                      Last edited by mel; 10-04-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• mel
                        Chieftain
                        • Nov 2019

i didnt go back last night , i had noticed my barrel nut had slightly backed off when i was done in the morning , by the time i could head back last night i didnt have the time to retighten the barrel nut and do any shooting. ill atleast get some vids up today though , gota knock down the backlog of vids i have to post anyways

Comment

• mel
                          Chieftain
                          • Nov 2019

mail days are always good , got my new lr gongs intoday 8/12 along with my 7.62x39 brass to convert

Comment

• mel
                            Chieftain
                            • Nov 2019

this was damn hard with the mirage and no spotter only way i could tell if i was hitting was by waiting for the sound to come back except for one shot were i hit the bottom edge of the gong and it moved enough to tell for sure

Comment

Working...
                            X