• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glk45
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2018

Hornady 123 HPBT

Does Hornady still make these. They don't show them on their web site. Powder Valley and Midway don't list them. Mid south has them. I wanted to play with them, but if they are going out of production i won't waste my time. Wanted to call Hornady this week, but time got away.
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

You might talk to Midsouth first they could probably tell you what the deal is with these bullets. I shoot them myself. When I bought my last batch of the 123 HPBT they said then that when they were gone that that was going to be it. I then saw them come back into stock so can't tell whether they are going to be gone or not. I just ordered some more.

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

Midsouth has them in 250 bag for about 56.00 .

Comment

• glk45
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2018

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
        You might talk to Midsouth first they could probably tell you what the deal is with these bullets. I shoot them myself. When I bought my last batch of the 123 HPBT they said then that when they were gone that that was going to be it. I then saw them come back into stock so can't tell whether they are going to be gone or not. I just ordered some more.
        They had a notice on the site a year or so ago saying the same thing. That's why i steered away from them.

Comment

• jasper2408
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by glk45 View Post
          They had a notice on the site a year or so ago saying the same thing. That's why i steered away from them.
          If I had to I could switch to their Monster bullets which is supposed to be Nosler and I did get pretty good results with the Nosler 123gr CC HPBT(both the factory box and blems) and the Hornady 123gr ELD-M. I have only shot them in my AR though so I was not able to play around with seating depth too much.

You have peaked my interest now so I am going to contact Midsouth Monday and see what they say.

Comment

• glk45
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2018

If I had to I could switch to their Monster bullets which is supposed to be Nosler and I did get pretty good results with the Nosler 123gr CC HPBT(both the factory box and blems) and the Hornady 123gr ELD-M. I have only shot them in my AR though so I was not able to play around with seating depth too much.

You have peaked my interest now so I am going to contact Midsouth Monday and see what they say.
            Cheap stake me was looking for something a little cheaper than the ELD-X that i,ve been shooting.

Comment

• jasper2408
              Warrior
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by glk45 View Post
              Cheap stake me was looking for something a little cheaper than the ELD-X that i,ve been shooting.
              Hey, I'm right there with ya.

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

be aware that the ms mm 123 bullets are oversized i ordered 500 a long time back and they measure 2.655-2.66 in diam had issues shooting them out of most of my 6.5 guns
                im heading over to the shop here shortly ill grab the calipers and take some measurement pics again
                Last edited by mel; 08-02-2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• jasper2408
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2019

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  be aware that the ms mm 123 bullets are oversized i ordered 500 a long time back and they measure 2.655-2.66 in diam had issues shooting them out of most of my 6.5 guns
                  im heading over to the shop here shortly ill grab the calipers and take some measurement pics again
                  That is good to know. Was going to order one of the sample packs and decided to wait until my next bullet order.

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

heres the first 3 i pulle dout of the box today

Comment

• glk45
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      I've heard that more than once about those.

Comment

• jasper2408
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2019

I talked to Midsouth yesterday and was only able to talk to a young lady that was a sales rep and she couldn't give me any info on the Hornady 123gr BTHP. I am still waiting to hear back from Hornady.

If they quit making them I will just switch to something else but not the Monster bullets. I have loads worked up for other 123gr bullets so I am good to go.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2018

Try measuring another brand bullet. When I measure the MSSS MM bullets they are dead on 0.2640".

As far as the Hornady, I doubt will stop making them. Aren't the 123gr HPBT the same bullet in their Gunner / Frontier line ammo?

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                            Warrior
                            • May 2017

Mel, snag up a good Starrett or Mitutoyo 0-1" micrometer with tenths scale, much better for accurate measurements.

You might be surprised how much calipers can be off.

Last edited by Mad Charlie; 08-04-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• jasper2408
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
                              Try measuring another brand bullet. When I measure the MSSS MM bullets they are dead on 0.2640".

As far as the Hornady, I doubt will stop making them. Aren't the 123gr HPBT the same bullet in their Gunner / Frontier line ammo?

They were also offered in the Black at one time too (#81512). I got that from a UTube video I saw.

I measured all my Noslers(100gr blems,130gr,140gr) and they all are .2635. Sierra 107gr is .2635. The Hornadys are all .264.

Comment

Working...
                              X