• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
    Mel, snag up a good Starrett or Mitutoyo 0-1" micrometer with tenths scale, much better for accurate measurements.

You might be surprised how much calipers can be off.

https://www.amazon.com/Mitutoyo-103-...s%2C182&sr=8-3
    I have good starretts I just don't use them for my reloading stuff but I did measure the Ms mm bullets and came up with the same with them ,I've been sitting on this box close to a year now so maybe just that run . I also did compare to my nosler rdf eld etc etc bullets and those did come up correct.

I was blowing primers and seeing big pressure signs with the Ms mm bullets in multiple guns at low to mid range loads

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by mel View Post
      I have good starretts I just don't use them for my reloading stuff but I did measure the Ms mm bullets and came up with the same with them ,I've been sitting on this box close to a year now so maybe just that run . I also did compare to my nosler rdf eld etc etc bullets and those did come up correct.

I was blowing primers and seeing big pressure signs with the Ms mm bullets in multiple guns at low to mid range loads
      Mel by any chance we're your running these from your creedmoor as well. Might be the reason behind what we were discussing last week.

Comment

• MikaS
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2019

By to way Chinese crap is lot of internet. They have many copies example Mitutoyo.
        But normal caliber standards given accuracy tolerances about 0,005" or 0,003mm. Micrometer is better equipment to measure bullets.

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
          Mel by any chance we're your running these from your creedmoor as well. Might be the reason behind what we were discussing last week.
          i tried running them in all my 6.5 guns same issues in all of them
          and those midway calipers match my good calipers readings its why i use them , i keep my good calipers and othe rmeasuring tools put away unless im doing some machine work on the lathe or in the mill
          my a-tips - tnt - eld - rdf bullets come up at the proper diam
          Last edited by mel; 08-05-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• jasper2408
            Warrior
            • Jan 2019

Just got a reply from Hornady about the Hornady 123gr BTHP that Midsouth sells.

This is what they said.

This is a contracted bullet just for Midsouth. So as long as they keep ordering these bullets we will keep producing it.

Comment

• glk45
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
              Just got a reply from Hornady about the Hornady 123gr BTHP that Midsouth sells.

This is what they said.
              Good deal.

Comment

Working...
              X