6.5 Stabil for Grendel. If this has been discussed I apologize.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

heres load data for a 95 in a 6.5 cm

could maybe get 34g vibra settled inside a grendel case with a 90 tnt or varmagedon loaded long

speer has load data for a powder i use in my grendel with 90's and the same powder in the 6.5 creed with the same bullet
    gren 90 data

90 creed data

the creed takes roughly 7.7g more powder to go roughly 90 fps faster

might be able to give ya a good idea if somone wanted to play with staball and lightwieghts in the gren , i bought a ton of it just cause my lgs had tons of it and my normal creed powders are hard to come, had no interntions of running it in my gren but ill give it a go just for testing purposes for everyone else

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Razorback View Post
      Yondering, Hodgdon has it listed it as a powder for 6mm ARC, and it did VERY WELL on their load data as far as MOA and speed tests. The data was conducted listed and suggested as a good choice for 6mm ARC, by one of the worlds foremost powder companies, not by me, who am I to argue with them?

I am not a ballistician or claim to be, the correlation of the powders they preferred are all in line with the top performing powders in 6.5 Grendel, there is no skirting around it. That is the whole point of the thread! Anyone who wildcats first looks at comparable cartridges that share similar case capacities, and looks at loads that can be matched with powders that keep popping up in load data resources, and carefully works out loads from data based on it that are not published . Like I started the thread the burn rate makes the powder not make sense, but somehow it works in the 6mm ARC, whose parent case is the 6.5 Grendel, which means it should work in the Grendel especially with similar weighted bullets..

I stated from the beginning that the burn rate was very slow, that being said it performed well and far a s I can tell LEVRevolution is not listed in any published loading data as far as I can remember for 6.5 Grendel, it was a powder to bump up 35 Remington and the .308 Marlin in lever guns. But it is a bull in the 6.5 Grendel. Yes it shares the same burn rates as CFE 223.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• tdbru
        Warrior
        • Dec 2019

rather than bore diameter difference, think in terms of bore area and expansion ratio. yes the difference in bore diameter is only 8.6%, but the difference in bore area is 18%. also look at case capacity vs bore volume and you start to see why small cases vs large cases for the same bore diameter have such different powder burn rate requirements for optimum velocities. i.e. compare the 30 Carbine and the 300-378 Wby for an extreme example. and as other have posted StaBall 6.5 is quite a bit slower than CFE223. Staball is in the 4350 region of powder burn rates. if i recall actually a tad slower than either IMR or H 4350. and 4350 is not a recommend powder for the 6.5 Grendel. less so Staball. however, if it's all you have or can get then, well, it might be better than nothing.
        -tdbru

Comment

Working...
        X