X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

FWIW, I got decent results with N202 and Norma 130 gr GTs when I played with them a few years ago. If I recall, the velocity I was getting gave me LR results on par with my old 123 Scenar /CFE load in terms of wind drift and range to transonic/subsonic. My 100 yard Scenar groups were tighter and the 130s had a notable increase in drop (and hence, smaller Danger Zone), so I didn't pursue. Plus my 6.5 CM loved those GTs like Joe Biden loves little girls....
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Zeneffect
      Chieftain
      • May 2020

Originally posted by mel View Post
      anychance u can run that ql for 6arc with the 202 and 70/90 g pills
      barrel length, case capacity in grains of water, and what specific pills? actually.. im not even sure my ql has the arc. they have a 6mm arcH, something ive never heard of before but once again, i am a stupid moron with limited reading ability.

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
        barrel length, case capacity in grains of water, and what specific pills? actually.. im not even sure my ql has the arc. they have a 6mm arcH, something ive never heard of before but once again, i am a stupid moron with limited reading ability.
        im not sure on case capacity , im running converted hornaday grendel cases but its a 20 inch barrel , and nosler 70g blaistic tip varmint bullets #39532 and sierra 90g fmj gameking #1535

Comment

• Mad Charlie
          Warrior
          • May 2017

im not sure on case capacity , im running converted hornaday grendel cases but its a 20 inch barrel , and nosler 70g blaistic tip varmint bullets #39532 and sierra 90g fmj gameking #1535
          Mel, he needs the actual case capacity. To find this use three, or more, fired, in your rifle, unsized cases. Weigh each case and note the weights of each. Fill a case with distilled water LEVEL with the top of the case mouth and weigh the full case, making sure that you don't have any clinging droplets. You can get those off if necessary with a scrap of paper towel. Weigh the full case. The difference between the full and empty case is the case capacity in grains of water. Do this with a few more cases to get sort of an average. He will need the actual length of the different bullets also. I use a plastic syringe to fill the cases when doing this procedure.

Comment

• Zeneffect
            Chieftain
            • May 2020

I'm also not sure if 6mm arch is the arc, there is no technical drawing and I haven't figured out the cartridge yet, need to take another look tomorrow.

On topic my norma 202 arrived, smells like Elmer's glue sort of, small sticks.

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
              Mel, he needs the actual case capacity. To find this use three, or more, fired, in your rifle, unsized cases. Weigh each case and note the weights of each. Fill a case with distilled water LEVEL with the top of the case mouth and weigh the full case, making sure that you don't have any clinging droplets. You can get those off if necessary with a scrap of paper towel. Weigh the full case. The difference between the full and empty case is the case capacity in grains of water. Do this with a few more cases to get sort of an average. He will need the actual length of the different bullets also. I use a plastic syringe to fill the cases when doing this procedure.
              will do i can do that tommorow , though im not sure if i have an fired unsized cases ill check ,though im pretty sure the 10 cases i fired i already reloaded , and the way this new job is going it might be a while before i get a chance to do some more shooting

Comment

• Zeneffect
                Chieftain
                • May 2020

so the arch is not the arc. the arc is pretty close to the 6mm ar, and i modified that data with the sammi drawing. cross sectional bore area i figured should be the same, and i 100% guessed on water weight/volume @ 35gr.

Given all these caveats... also need seating depth. inputting 2.260 with the 70gr is not looking right with a shank seating depth of less than 1/10th of an inch. i could be putting in the ql data wrong...

Comment

• mel
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2019

so the arch is not the arc. the arc is pretty close to the 6mm ar, and i modified that data with the sammi drawing. cross sectional bore area i figured should be the same, and i 100% guessed on water weight/volume @ 35gr.

Given all these caveats... also need seating depth. inputting 2.260 with the 70gr is not looking right with a shank seating depth of less than 1/10th of an inch. i could be putting in the ql data wrong...

my coal with the 70g is 2.155 which gives and aprox seating depth of .170-.180 i have a good friend picking up my rifle and 10 rds of ammo to go shoot it for me so i have some fired brass and some more group testing now tha i changed muzzle device i prolly wont have the rifle/cases back till saurday though , still much sooner then iw ould get to it with my new work schd
                  Last edited by mel; 03-24-2021, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

ok did a real quick dirty measurement , bullet measures .910 in lenght i have .690 sticking out from top of neck , this means aprox .220 is seated into the case

Comment

• Zeneffect
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2020

ok did a real quick dirty measurement , bullet measures .910 in length i have .690 sticking out from top of neck , this means approx .220 is seated into the case
                      Last edited by Zeneffect; 04-09-2021, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• mel
                        Chieftain
                        • Nov 2019

plugging in the coal gave me some confidence as the values matched up pretty close to what you stated. I changed h2o capacity to 34gr based on wikipedia of all things...

Cartridge : 6 mm ARC

ty

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                          Warrior
                          • May 2017

That is more work than it appears on the surface.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2020

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
                            That is more work than it appears on the surface.
                            yes, there was more taken into consideration before generating the ql output, i just summarized.

Going to try some of the 202 with 108 Scenar expecting about 2600fps hopefully, but more interested in accuracy @ 300yds or less.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2020

Tried some 202 today. 26.1gr is barely enough gas to cycle 80% of the time in my gun. Didn't have a chrono out today because people were looking at my stuff weird and was making me paranoid (had 2 grendels out today and that is like seeing 2 unicorns out where I'm at. Combined with a thordsen stock and it's dark arts and witchcraft with these fuds)

Limited data... 26.1 - 27.3 showed zero pressure signs, groups throughout the range were all under 1" @ 100 without even trying. Quickload said danger at 28, and with no other reference to go by I think 26.1gr was a good starting point going up .3 gr increments. Cci #41, hornady brass lapua scenar 108gr 2.256 COAL

Next time (week), chrono data. I'll push up to 28.1 and get crunchy (dropping to .2gr increments)
                              Last edited by Zeneffect; 03-27-2021, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Oryx
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jan 2021

26 gr won't cycle and 28 is Danger?? Doesn't sound like the best powder choice to me

Comment

Working...
                                X