X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Grendel was introduced without big corporate backing and advertising. Listed as a wildcat in a Cartridges of the world that is in my reloading room. 6.8 had the backing of Remington when they were still a respected firearms company. THe Grendel was too good to languish and has gained lots of popularity on its merits. If it had the backing when introduced of say Remington or Winchester the story would be a lot different.

These days it seems to be Hornady that has the magic hand in introduction and marketing of new cartridges and they do have some good ones but also have had some not so good, like about all manufactures.

The 300BO is a neat little cartridge that serves its purpose but is a direct copy of the 300 Whisper just speced off a different case and gotten around the Whisper that way. But the Whisper is from a 221 Fireball and the Blackout is from the 223. But the 221 Fireball is also from the 223. Just basically renamed and marketed for a different purpose.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Comment

• Gracie
        Unwashed
        • Jun 2021

to get back to the original thread (shipping/customer service), I have had a positive experience. Ordered from Alexander Arms 6/23, received product today 6/30. I know it's just one data point, but for me, it's positive. Shipping might have been a bit high, but so be it.

Comment

Working...
        X