Clear All
  • Kosh65
    Warrior
    • Jan 2021

Comment

• Rosecrans1
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

I used this inexpensive Harbor Freight bench! Nice drawers and very solid! Then built up around it to create my bench area. I know this is 60" long and won't fit your space but look for a solid pre-fab bench first then hit the used furniture places and then auctions and yard sales.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

PG:

Everyone here has given sound advice. Wish I had such input when I started reloading.

My gripes about reloading benches has always been stability so I made a bench by laminating enough 2 X 4's to make a top that is 4 feet long and two feet deep. I ran it through a plainer to get it nice and smooth and put a few coats of polyuerthane on it to seal the wood and make it easy to clean. Some 4 X 4 legs with braces and a shelf under the top. I then built a shelf system to fit on top that goes up about three feet. I found over the years that a guy only uses about a foot deep of the bench when he is reloading so having another foot and a shelf system really worked out well.

The thing holds a Lock N Load AP and two Dillon 450's. Primers, powder, bullets are easily reached from any of the presses.

Somewhat a PITA but it fit the area I had and looks pretty decent even today.

LR-55

Comment

• Chuck N
          Unwashed
          • May 2019

Comment

• puddleglum
            Unwashed
            • Oct 2021

If the wheels lock, that might be a nice option.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions. I'll let you know what I decide. Probably look at setting up it after hunting season. Heading to NC to visit some friends this week and bringing the air rifles along, hoping to put some squirrels in the stew pot. When I get back, gotta sight in the grendel for WI whitetail season. Lets hope I actually see a deer, unlike the last two seasons where I never saw a thing.

Comment

• Oso Polaris
              Warrior
              • Apr 2019

If the wheels don't lock you can most likely unscrew and replace them with a rigid vertical foot (threaded bolt with rubber cap) or depending on wheel size there are rubber furniture cups that you can set under the wheels to prevent them from rolling.

Comment

Working...
              X