X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USAF Retired
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2022

Found some 95 grain VMAX Hornady bullets. Need to look up some load data on them.

Comment

• USAF Retired
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2022

Was able to get a single box of 100 grain Partitions from Ally Munitions. All they had available.

Comment

• Harpoon1
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by USAF Retired View Post
        I was looking for the less grain Partitions. Was hoping for some 100 grain, but they are hard to find. Felt lucky to find the 125s. I can use them for my Creedmoor if I can find some 100 grains.

Comment

• USAF Retired
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2022

I think I watched a video on this. That sounds like a great idea. Being new, not sure what all to get. So, the bushing system and a separate pair of dies? I also have more money than time, so easier is better.
          Ordered. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Thanks Klem. Keeping the AR and bolt brass separated was something I had read to ensure less resizing issues. I have a lot to learn and expect to have more questions when I get started. Thanks.
            USAF,

Two separate batches of brass makes things easier if you are going to neck-size for the bolt gun, and full-size for the AR. This means you need two sizing dies, which then means you do not need a bushing system - a single normal shell holder will do just fine. Set the locking ring of each die to match the gun its going to be shot out of and you're good-to-go.

Truth be known, you can full-size to fit both guns using one die only and not care about keeping separate batches of cases. Depending on your definition of accuracy and whether the guns are up to realizing it, and how long you want the cases to last you might be perfectly OK with this.

Up to you.

Comment

• EastTNHunter
              Warrior
              • Jul 2021

Comment

• USAF Retired
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2022

Ordered those very ones.

Comment

Working...