• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Sierra 105gr Blitzking data

For anyone that has the new Sierra version 6 manual is the Sierra 105gr Blitzking bullet load data in that manual?

TIA
  • fdbyrne78
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2017

It's not in the paid version of their reloading app for whatever that's worth. I'd assume that the app would usually be more current than the books but I don't know that for a fact.

Comment

• tlen
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2019

Email Sierra and ask for data.

Comment

• jasper2408
        Warrior
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by fdbyrne78 View Post
        It's not in the paid version of their reloading app for whatever that's worth. I'd assume that the app would usually be more current than the books but I don't know that for a fact.
        I downloaded the Android version but it is version 5 and didn't have it. The Android app that I downloaded hasn't been updated since 2019 so I canceled the subscription. On their Facebook page they have a link to version 6 for iphone but the page just sets there and does nothing once you click the link. If Sierra would put out an up-to-date mobile version I would buy it for sure as I use the Hornady mobile app all of the time.

Email Sierra and ask for data.
        Just emailed Sierra. I will post what they say when I get a response back.

I have worked up some max loads for several powders that I have using GRT and QL and will use them if I can't get any data. I had to measure the bullet and import it into both programs.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

use the 107 data, the 105 will be a few fps faster. work up as always.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• jasper2408
            Warrior
            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
            use the 107 data, the 105 will be a few fps faster. work up as always.
            Thanks for the tip grayfox.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jasper2408
                Warrior
                • Jan 2019

Thanks LRRPF52.

Comment

• ocharry
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2022

i just picked up a box of these bullets the other day at graffs...they do look good

i put a couple loads together using the 107 data for ar-comp...used 27.5 and 28gr at a 2.250oal.....think it was 1 gr under max...used the data from the new lyman book....sieara did the same thing with their game changer bullet..they told me for that to use close data ..like for the 64gr bullet use the 65 data and the 130 to use i forget now but it was a close weight ...so thats what i did here...start low and work up

i will say that the loads i put together are pretty full...so it is compressed...i do have some other powders i want to try with this bullet...it should make a good yote killer i think...sure looks good

now if the wind and rain will take a little break so i can get back at the testing....for the rifle and load work

ocharry

Comment

• jasper2408
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by ocharry View Post
                    i just picked up a box of these bullets the other day at graffs...they do look good

i put a couple loads together using the 107 data for ar-comp...used 27.5 and 28gr at a 2.250oal.....think it was 1 gr under max...used the data from the new lyman book....sieara did the same thing with their game changer bullet..they told me for that to use close data ..like for the 64gr bullet use the 65 data and the 130 to use i forget now but it was a close weight ...so thats what i did here...start low and work up

i will say that the loads i put together are pretty full...so it is compressed...i do have some other powders i want to try with this bullet...it should make a good yote killer i think...sure looks good

now if the wind and rain will take a little break so i can get back at the testing....for the rifle and load work

ocharry
                    Thanks for that info ocharry, AR COMP info is always welcome.

Comment

• Zeneffect
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2020

Based on testing with 123gr eldm today and just looking at these things... I'm going to start with 31gr of staball match and stop at 33 for the first run. Expecting 2780-2800 near the end of the test if I'm doing my math right and predictibality pans out.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
                        Based on testing with 123gr eldm today and just looking at these things... I'm going to start with 31gr of staball match and stop at 33 for the first run. Expecting 2780-2800 near the end of the test if I'm doing my math right and predictibality pans out.
                        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Zeneffect
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2020

blitzking.pngbk2.png

Latest QL did not include this bullet, so I entered it based on measurements and threw it in QuickTarget. Indeed, a very interesting round.
                          Last edited by Zeneffect; 03-02-2023, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• ocharry
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2022

it rained all day here yesterday so i spent some time in the load room putting some of these 105's together with different powders to try in my rifle...did some 95gr hornady bullets too...kinda christmas colors...red tips and green tips...lol

man this weather is so crazy...cold and windy...rainy as heck...just windy...lol... i got things to do

rifle function tests....load work up...but now i gots me lots of loads to test...

crappy day spent being productive in the load room...

ocharry

Comment

• jasper2408
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2019

Gonna go with SW Tactical and SW Match loads first. I have a bunch of 123gr HPBT already loaded using Match powder to fire-form my new Starline cases first then will start with load workups. I measured all of my magazines inside and they all are 2.330" so I can go longer COAL if I want, which I probably will eventually.

Gonna start with 29.12gr max with Tactical and 31.26gr max with Match. Gonna go 10% down from those maxs to start load developement.
                              QL shows velocities at max load of 2684fps with Tactical and 2781fps with Match. I imagine those velocities might be a a little high for a 20" but we will see. In GRT the load for Tactical was 28.62gr(.5gr less than QL) and for Match was 30.90gr(.36gr less than QL).

Load specs:
                              20" barrel
                              2.260" COAL
                              35.6gr case capacity-Starline brass
                              1.510" case length
                              70 deg temps

Disclaimer:
                              Do not use any loads from QuickLoad or Gordons Reloading Tool software that I post as they may be dangerous. The loads I am posting are worked up with QL or GRT for my bolt guns only and have not been tested by me yet or any pressure testing authority.
                              Last edited by jasper2408; 03-04-2023, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X