• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USAF Retired
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2022

Originally posted by trubulator View Post
    Pay close attention to impact velocity. SSTs and BTs open up pretty low, ABLRs even lower.

With 123 grain SSTs I got 2400FPS and high accuracy with 335 in a 20" barrel, 2350FPS with TAC. Last fall I shot a big doe at 325 yards with the 335 load and I did not get an exit, but every last bit of energy from that bullet dumped into the vitals. That doe went straight down and did not move. Make a good shot and you should have no issues with the BT. I normally avoid the SST and BT soft bullets in higher power cartridges because they tend to fragment and can grenade if they hit hard bones, but they seem ideally suited for the Grendel.

If you use the partitions, I would be really interested in hearing how they do. They are my favorite bullet in 30-06, but I wonder how well they open with Grendel
    Thank you!

Comment

• gldprimr
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2016

See if you can get Shooters World Match Rifle powder. I have had excellent success both accuracy and velocity with that powder and 129 gr. ABLR. It both expands rapidly and holds together well at Grendel velocities.

Comment

• USAF Retired
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2022

Anyone got any recipes for Leverevolution and Nosler BTs?

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

A good Friend was loading 31.2 grains of LeveRevolution with 123 grain SST as his go to load. I bet you find a sweet spot between 30.5 and 31.5 for good accuracy. Maybe someone else will chime in with their load. Another Friend loaded 31.0 grains of CFE223 with 120 grain Nosler Ballistic tips and got good accuracy. CFE223 and LeveRevolution powder are very similar in burn rate and loading data.
          Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-03-2023, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• USAF Retired
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2022

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
            A good Friend was loading 31.2 grains of LeveRevolution with 123 grain SST as his go to load. I bet you find a sweet spot between 30.5 and 31.5 for good accuracy. Maybe someone else will chime in with their load. Another Friend loaded 31.0 grains of CFE223 with 120 grain Nosler Ballistic tips and got good accuracy. CFE223 and LeveRevolution powder are very similar in burn rate and loading data.
            Much appreciated.

Had a fellow reach out on another forum and had 3 boxes of Speer Gold Dots. The 6.5 Grendel unicorn. I may be going with those. That have a reputation of being super accurate and a complete deer slayer. There is some Leverevolution recipes out there for that, so may give it a try. If that or Benchmark doesn't get me where I want to be, I may be doing a powder run.

Comment

• gldprimr
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2016

Comment

• USAF Retired
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2022

Will do. I also have the Gold Dots to try as well. Lots of testing to be done. Need to shoot through some Hornady Black to get some brass.

Comment

• 603Country
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2023

Comment

• USAF Retired
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2022

I got one box of the 100 grains when they were available. Wish I would have gotten more.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• USAF Retired
                        Bloodstained
                        • Mar 2022

I can't find any 8208 XBR. I ran some Benchmark loads today with the 125 Partition. I only had a short amount of time, but up to 25.5 grains of Benchmark, the rifle would not cycle.

Comment

Working...
                        X