Is AR Comp the best option for velocity and accuracy with 123 ge SST today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stonehog
    Warrior
    • Oct 2021

My big gripe about AR-Comp as a handloader is price - it was not available for quite a while, and now comes in at $60/lb. Not worth it for me. It seems like Alliant is gouging with a lot of their powders. Most of their stuff has gone missing for the better part of a year. Everyone has their favorite brands, I guess I'm more of an Accurate, Vihtavuori, Ramshot guy these days...

Comment

• Mark611
      Warrior
      • Feb 2017

Well Boy's the days of old are gone, I'm like the rest of you! if you want it your gonna pay the price in today's world! AR Comp may be too expensive? all of the good powders are expensive! I have a shop that gets AR Comp 8lb Kegs $377 out the door the last time I purchased it less than a year ago, I picked up 24LBS while I could, that amount will last me for years, that powder is specific only for my 6.5GRR, I'm not saying the other powders I have tried don't work, they just don't perform like comp from my rifles, My favorite powders are the H powders, go look at those prices! 10yrs ago H4895 and VARGET out the door for $150 bucks for a 8LB keg in today's world $400 to 450 if you can find it, I have also had to go to alternative powders that are reasonably priced, like the Accurate powders and that will probably change now that HODGON has bought out the AA line of powders, the 6.5GRR is a niche caliber and expensive when it comes to factory ammo, reloading makes all the difference to keep cost down and the enjoyment of reloading for all that you reload for, the opportunity to tailor your ammo to your rifle for best performance for your intended use, unfortunately we live in a world created by people who want to end all of this for all of us! just my thoughts!

Comment

Working...
      X