• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hollis
    Warrior
    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Jackd View Post
    looking to find a super accurate load that will be accurate in my BHW type I 20" barrel and my Howa mini 20" barrel
    Tried lots of loads with many powders and I finally got there

123 ELD Match
    Lapua case
    cci std primer
    28.3 Gr 8208
    best 5 shot groups @ 100 yd .248 gas gun and .437 mini
    haven't chronoed yet
    That's what is recommended on the first post +.3 grains. That's what I used to start my load development for this and got good groups starting at 28gr and then moving up to 29gr where it shot the best group. I have some ARComp and am wanting to try that. Does anyone have load recommendations for 123 ELD Match for ARComp?
    Last edited by Hollis; 06-02-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Hollis
      Warrior
      • Mar 2019

I found somewhere that 27.5-27.6 gr ARComp should work for 123gr ELD-Match. Let me try this and see how it works!

Comment

• jmkhenka
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2020

Comment

• Mad Charlie
          Warrior
          • May 2017

jmkhenka, are you using a bolt rifle? Reason I am curious is that 6-1/2's are not normally recommended for anything much over .22 Hornet, pressure wise and floating firing pin wise.

I guess if you're not getting excessive flattening or piercing, then it's working for you.

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

You are careful with everything else but don't mind mixing brass. It's not just about case volume. There will be different neck tension and Lapua will be thicker at the neck. You could at least keep the brands separated in your ammo box e.g. Lapua to the right, Hornady to the left.

Comment

• jmkhenka
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2020

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                Warrior
                • May 2017

I would use 400's before 6-1/2's, but you say you have no issues, so you might as well use what's working for you.
                If you can get some, the GMM might work very well in your bolt rifle, just have to try them and see.

Comment

• Gos
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2017

I've been one of many who's looked for the "good load" for this round for months. I'm no closer, so I'm thankful for all the contributions everyone has made to the effort. I am very puzzled on using a magnum primer for such a small case. My old habits were magnum primers only for large volume cases, or very cold temperatures.
                  Anyone care to take a stab as to why such a small case is doing better with the mags than say the bench rest primers?
                  Thanks again to all,
                  Gos

Comment

• Lemonaid
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Gos View Post
                    I've been one of many who's looked for the "good load" for this round for months. I'm no closer, so I'm thankful for all the contributions everyone has made to the effort. I am very puzzled on using a magnum primer for such a small case. My old habits were magnum primers only for large volume cases, or very cold temperatures.
                    Anyone care to take a stab as to why such a small case is doing better with the mags than say the bench rest primers?
                    Thanks again to all,
                    Gos
                    Short version CCI 450 are safer to shoot in a semi-auto, good for consistency (low SD's), when shooting in cold weather they do better than non-magnums (good for hunters). I'm a recent convert to the CCI 450's as well. Try em, you'll like em!

Comment

• Gos
                      Unwashed
                      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Lemonaid View Post
                      Short version CCI 450 are safer to shoot in a semi-auto, good for consistency (low SD's), when shooting in cold weather they do better than non-magnums (good for hunters). I'm a recent convert to the CCI 450's as well. Try em, you'll like em!
                      Will do.
                      My efforts today with 223CFE produced another 4"+ group at 100 yards, or as my son and I call it "improved cylinder".
                      On to the next round of powder!

Stay Safe all,
                      Gos

Comment

• thewilbur
                        Unwashed
                        • Jun 2020

Comment

• DangerousDane
                          Unwashed
                          • Feb 2020

^ nice tight groups with the 130 grain

Comment

• wreckster84
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2020

AR Comp is almost impossible to find in my area. Was wondering from all the data, how does CFE223 compare to AR Comp in terms of velocity/charge weight or other factors.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

Comment

• shreddykruger
                                Unwashed
                                • Jul 2020

Originally posted by JimmyAGR View Post
                                Yeah that is what I am hoping. It only has 60 rounds on it. The groups seemed to tighten up at distance, so maybe it will break in.
                                Last edited by shreddykruger; 07-26-2020, 04:46 AM. Reason: Added some load data

Comment

Working...
                                X