Grendel ammo on store shelves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
    Hey Diesel if you shoot at your parents don't use the Grendel. You might give it a bad name. In fact don't shoot at your parents unless you were an abused child.
    Funny!!!!

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by leopard6.5 View Post
      Good morning Bill: I go to all four Sheel's stores( Grand Forks, Fargo, Minot and Bismarck) in ND depending where I am at the time and all of them have had the same attitude.

They'll get in whatever you need and are happy to do it.

One time I was asking about something that I wanted and the guy said he'd just order it in since they didn't have it in the store. This was boots I think.
      I told him I didn't know what size since I hadn't tried them on and it would depend on how they were cut.
      He ordered in three different sizes for me and said it was no problem, just buy the ones that fit the best.
      Really nice people to work with.

I wish some of that attitude would rub off on some of the stores I shop in Florida.

Lee
      Lee, that is great to hear! I really enjoyed the Grand Forks store, and had wondered how they had fared after Cabelas built a store in East Grand Forks. It looks like they've done well, since they are planning an expansion into the old Target store at the Mall!

Good place, hope they can maintain that as they grow.

Comment

We just went there for date night, and they have a Ferris wheel in there.

Comment

• mtn_shooter

I've seen Hornady 123 Amax ammo at Cabelas, Scheels, and Sportsman's Warehouse. I haven't stumbled onto any Wolf Gold, AA, or Black Hills locally anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
            I spent many, many hours in the Grand Forks Scheels when I was in school at the U of North Dakota. Prices were much better than Cabelas, and if they didn't have it, they would get it for you ASAP.

I'll be interested to know if they've maintained that as they have grown.
            We've had a Scheels here in Sparks NV for a few years now. Some of the people there are ok to deal with, but for the most part the place is just a sporting goods mall. I asked about Grendel ammo there once. The sales guy laughed and said "you know there's a reason why they named it after a mythical creature right".

Our Cabelas has Hornady sometimes, but for $26 a box. A local shop that I frequent had some old stock that he "couldn't give away" and was happy to sell to me for below cost to get rid of it. $15 per box for AA stuff

I can only hope that the cartridge gains in popularity...

Comment

Working...
            X