X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Wow. Blast from the past on this thread. Good stuff.

Comment

• drykilned
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

would love that data for any powders, 123 SST and/or Nosler BT Thanks

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by drykilned View Post
        would love that data for any powders, 123 SST and/or Nosler BT Thanks
        Search function at the top of the home page, the 2 set of loading books sold throw this fourm or Google will give you more then you can read in a week.

Comment

• drykilned
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2018

Thanks. Got the books. Thought I might find some new data! Would be nice if Hodgdon would put cfe 223 data for the 123SST bullet in their online load data!

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by iceEworm View Post
            The tenth edition has raised the max.for 95-100 gr. to 33.5 in CFE223. More data for Grendel all around.
            It's been that way since the 9th Edition, where CFE223 data was first published by Hornady in 2012.

That's where it popped up and forum members started trying it, getting good results for speed and accuracy.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Nordy55
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2018

With temp sensitivity I hear about cfe223..how much of a change are people seeing? Found a 130 game changer load with 30.0 gr of cfe223 but with the summer temps and shooting well. Don’t know what to expect come fall.. anyone want to chime in?? Next trip to store I’m gonna look for lvr is this better temperature stable?.

Comment

• BobinNC
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

The Temp sensitivity of CFE223 is listed among the highest @1.70 FPS per degree of F. I've not used it myself due to this. I prefer to use known temp stable powders, but I'm not adverse to experimenting with powders where temp stability is a crap shoot or is not known. All you an do is wait for colder weather and see if you POI changes greatly at range.

I've seen plenty of burn rate charts, and a couple of attempts at quantifying temperature sensitivity. I have never seen both in the same chart, so I thought that this might be something a few of us would consider useful. The sources for burn rates include Hodgdon, Alliant, Western Powders. The temperature data has been

Comment

Working...
                X