• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacklab
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

love burning the midnight oil
    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

All orders as of today have been shipped. Let us know as you get them! Time to start tabbing mine. Areas I have already been referencing:

Comprehensive 6.5mm Hunting Projectile List
      Load data obviously
      Terminal Ballistics Section
      Projectile-Game Recommendations

When we were organizing the orders, I stacked them by State out of curiosity. Guess which States had the most orders so far? No surprise:

Texas and California, which makes a lot of sense when you look at population. I think North Carolina and Virginia were next, but it was early in the morning. There are literally orders from almost every State so far, as well as the UK, New Zealand, and some Island in the Pacific I have never heard of (French colony).

We're looking forward to you all getting these and telling us your impressions. Happy New Year to all!

Comment

• explorecaves

Excuse me while I go wait by the mailbox.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          ...and some Island in the Pacific I have never heard of (French colony)...
          ...and here I thought all visits from those areas were from spammers and phishers!

Good news indeed!

Comment

• XcountryRider

I got my copy and i'm impressed with your guys work. Every Grendel owner needs a copy of this book even if your not a hand loader. Great job guys!!!

Comment

• CrabbyMcNab
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2011

Awaiting mine, Maryland checking in.

Comment

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
                I got my copy and i'm impressed with your guys work. Every Grendel owner needs a copy of this book even if your not a hand loader. Great job guys!!!
                Thanks for the feedback. Yes, most of the chapters are highly informative to the hunter and discerning consumer, especially when looking at bullet performance, expansion thresholds and what ranges certain bullets expand out to, effective hunting ranges with different barrel lengths, and setting up an AR15 for different sized shooters, in different hunting approaches.

I'm really happy with the way the book turned out from the printer, and I really like the Wire O binding for the thickness that this handbook is.

Comment

• rickOshay
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2012

Load Data

As many of you begin to receive Volume 2, we imagine that you will quickly turn to the back of the book to see the 14 pages of load data. You will note that we have included data from commercial sources and from this Forum. We included the screen names of those who posted their loads.

We can also imagine that some of you will ask the question "why didn't they include my load?". There are several reasons that not all Forum posts made it into Volume 2:

1. Duplication. In the interest of space, we did not include the many duplications of loads for a given bullet and powder. There are 4 or 5 bullets and 4 or 5 powders that we all like. Our goal was to provide a variety of powders for each bullet.

2. Complete data set. We needed a complete data set for each load, especially the primer and COAL information. Without these data, use of the charge weight would not be safe.

3. Safety. Some of the loads posted were considered to be "hot" based on comparison to commercial data and Quick Load predictions of pressure. We understand the QL is not yet fully calibrated for the Grendel (more on that later), so we stayed on the safe side.

4. Timing. As you may know, going through page after page of forum posts is time consuming. We sifted through the Forum last spring and summer to build the database. By summer, we were heavily involved in writing and editing so we had to draw the line on gathering new load data.

5. Hunting focus. We only included loads for hunting bullets. Target bullets will be addressed in a future volume.

So, if you would like to have your loads included in future printings, please send the data via PM to rickOshay, with the minimum details of:
                  Powder make:
                  Powder charge:
                  Primer:
                  COAL:
                  Barrel Length:
                  Reduced Load and velocity (~10% less than max load):
                  Maximum load and velocity:

Other details would be helpful include the temperature when measured, chamber type, and barrel make.

We encourage you to help us fill in the gaps in the database. There are several bullets that don't have much load info. And there are lots of powders that are not represented.

And of course, we'd like to get a head start on target loads.

Thanks to all who have posted their load data.

Comment

• explorecaves

Still not at my door….

Comment

• NugginFutz
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2013

Ordered and waiting. Thanks to all the contributors. This will make a welcome addition to my library.
                      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Iowa checking in here- just received volume 1 & 2. Thanks you guys, that was fast. Now off to work... or.... maybe I'll just stay home & read these front to back & do some reloading, ha ha.
                        thanks for all the hard work put in to these, it is much appreciated!
                        -mike

Comment

Ordered December 28th, still waiting.

Comment

Ordered mine 12/21, another disappointing day at the mail box. Hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

• Blacklab
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                              Ordered mine 12/21, another disappointing day at the mail box. Hopefully tomorrow.
                              Welcome to my world..........lol
                              Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

The first books went out the day before yesterday!

We should see something like an expanding circle of reports of happy mailboxes about now for folks living in Utah, and over the next several days to two weeks for the rest of us!

Of course, if the guard dogs scare the postman away or eats the books before the owner gets to read his copy there will be more disappointment!

Comment

Working...
                                X