Volume 2 - 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • explorecaves

Got mine today in Kansas City. While skimming it, I noticed in Chapter 6 (page 49) a reference to Figure 6.10 but do not actually see a Figure 6.10…. Perhaps it is actually referencing Figure 6.8?

Comment

• rickOshay
      Warrior
      • Apr 2012

Seriously - you skimmed right to the only typo in the book??? : )

It should point to the chart in Fig 6.9.

Can we hire you to proof read the next volume?
      Last edited by rickOshay; 01-10-2014, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
        Seriously - you skimmed right to the only typo in the book??? : )

It actually should point to the chart in Fig 6.9.

Can we hire you to proof read the next volume?
        LOL - It just kind of jumped out at me. I would be more than happy to proofread the next volumes.

Comment

• calshipbuilder

Just finished reading Volume 2. Really impressed with the thoroughness of the work. It really covers everything you need to know if you want to hunt with the Grendel.

The Gel test work combined with barrel length effective range, projectile listing, and load data let you pick the perfect setup for your game and type of hunting.

Nice work, looking forward to future volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
            Ordered mine 12/21, another disappointing day at the mail box. Hopefully tomorrow.
            No more pain and heart break at the mail box. Got my copy of Vol. 2. The binding is a great idea, perfect for it's intended use. It'll be late night reading for sure. Thanks guys.

Comment

Ya all are makin me jealous!!! I think I am going to have to meet the mailman tomorrow and threaten to rough him up.

Comment

I am looking forward to purchasing this sometime in the near future. It sounds very informative...If I may ask...is there one author? several authors? who contributed data and how was it collected?.....Not a huge deal but I always like to know where the proceeds are going when i purchase something....I don't mind it going in someones pockets if they worked hard on a project either...are any proceeds going to gun rights or any causes?

Comment

• explorecaves

Originally posted by hydrotech View Post
                  I am looking forward to purchasing this sometime in the near future. It sounds very informative...If I may ask...is there one author? several authors? who contributed data and how was it collected?.....Not a huge deal but I always like to know where the proceeds are going when i purchase something....I don't mind it going in someones pockets if they worked hard on a project either...are any proceeds going to gun rights or any causes?
                  At the price, the majority of the cost is going to the publisher and shipping...

Comment

ahhh well that doesn't surprise me! I like the spiral binding idea by the way. hopefully i will have on of my own soon.
                    who are the authors and how was the load data collected? personal experimentation of authors?....or submitted from 65 grendel users?

Comment

• Y85
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2012

Gentlemen,
                      This is a great piece of work.
                      Congrats, (and thanks)
                      BR

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

There are three authors, all forum members: JASmith; LRRPF52, and yours truly. Proceeds are not going to causes or organizations, and no outside funding was obtained. The information published in the two volumes was either: 1) generated by the authors, 2) reprinted with permission from commercial sources, or 3) obtained from the pages of this forum. Forum members also contributed photos.

Comment

• Cool! thanks authors! Do you all shoot competitions together or live close enough to collaborate at the range or did you have to do everything individually and then put your experimental results together online? pretty cool project!

Comment

• explorecaves

who are the authors and how was the load data collected? personal experimentation of authors?....or submitted from 65 grendel users?
                            Authors are on the front cover.

From what I understand, data was collected by the authors personal experimentation and from other Grendel users here on the forum.

Comment

• rickOshay
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2012

Cool! thanks authors! Do you all shoot competitions together or live close enough to collaborate at the range or did you have to do everything individually and then put your experimental results together online? pretty cool project!
                              We've never met.

Comment

• Blacklab
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2012

Woo Hoo Got it! Just thumbing through. Thanks for putting this information together guys, well done. wink
                                Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Working...
                                X