• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
    Thanks yes shooting some 100gr noslers particians. We'll use them for 100yard plinking and working on my sons accuracy.
    XCR:

I have shot for record at 200 while fireforming both Grendel using 7.62 X 39 brass and 6 XC from 22-250 brass. Use it for good practice and you will get good practice and fireformed brass at the same time.

However, if your 7.62 X 39 brass was shot from an AK, you may experience problems even though they sized down OK. It is best to use virgin 7.62 X 39 brass.

LR1955

Comment

• XcountryRider

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
      XCR:

I have shot for record at 200 while fireforming both Grendel using 7.62 X 39 brass and 6 XC from 22-250 brass. Use it for good practice and you will get good practice and fireformed brass at the same time.

However, if your 7.62 X 39 brass was shot from an AK, you may experience problems even though they sized down OK. It is best to use virgin 7.62 X 39 brass.

LR1955
      The brass i picked up is virgin. I took my son rabbit hunting this evening and fired a few. I'm shooting 100gr Nosler partition but they don't chamber very well. A couple didn't fire and where sort of stuck. I got the bolt back with some trouble and got them to chamber and fire. I loaded the noslers to 2.200 COAL.

Comment

• pinzgauer
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

Still shooting IMI brass from way back when LR1995 first shared his experience. Not worth buying new 7.62x39 to do so, but if you find free/cheap brass I'd sure use it.

Slightly less case capacity, usually have to download from published loads. But as LR1995 found way back, even with less case capacity you don't lose much velocity.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
          The brass i picked up is virgin. I took my son rabbit hunting this evening and fired a few. I'm shooting 100gr Nosler partition but they don't chamber very well. A couple didn't fire and where sort of stuck. I got the bolt back with some trouble and got them to chamber and fire. I loaded the noslers to 2.200 COAL.
          You might still be a little long for that bullet. It has a fairly short ogive.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
          X