• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wheelguner
    Warrior
    • Oct 2011

ODIN Works

ODIN Works just announced they will be doing something pretty cool for those looking to build a 6.5 Grendel AR. Now when you purchase one of their 6.5 Grendel Barrels you will automatically get a free Nitride BCG and a Gas Block. This eliminates one of the headaches with building alternate caliber ARs which is finding a good BCG and Bolt to go with that caliber.

I have no personal expierence with these folks just passing on a tidbit from another site I frequent.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

That's a very good deal really when you look at it.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• cory
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2012

That's a great deal!
      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• babue
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

I bought one of their handguards and it was very nice piece. I did not look at the pics close enough and it would not fit my billet upper and I had to sell it. I would have no problem buying another, it was a well made piece. I spoke with their customer service and they were also good to speak with. The fit problem was my fault not the handguard.

Comment

• jim_bob
          Warrior
          • Jul 2014

Looks like quite a few people thought it was a good deal. 18 and 20 out of stock, although it looks like you can add them to your cart. Maybe they will honor backorders.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Good find wheel G. It's great to have a many more options.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Cool!
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• ARdeerslayer
                Unwashed
                • Aug 2016

I just purchased Odinworks' Builder's Package. I selected the 20" barrel over the 18" and it included the rifle length gas tube, gas block, COMPLETE bolt carrier group (with their logo and 6.5 Grendel lasered in it), and your choice of 12.5" or 15.5" handguard with MLok or Keymod attachment points. I went with Keymod and 15.5". I have one of their handguards on a 5.56 coyote gun I built and loved it and all the reviews I have seen on the Odinworks barrels were favorable. Only issue I have is their barrel nut and handguard are kinda goofy but if you take your time its not bad. Hope this helps!! Oh it cost me $596 shipped second day USPS to my door.

Comment

• ClichedUsername
                  Bloodstained
                  • May 2016

Looks like you got it just in time! Their website shows the package sold out.

Comment

• Madloader
                    Unwashed
                    • Feb 2016

My build includes a 20'' Odin Works barrel/bolt combo and 15.5" O2lite hand guard. Odin Works folks have been quick to answer all my questions, they even gave me some of their new parts to try at the NRA convention. I have only shot it to check function and get some rounds thru it, but, it looks like it will be real good (in the hands of a real shooter).

Comment

• diddlyv
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Madloader View Post
                      My build includes a 20'' Odin Works barrel/bolt combo and 15.5" O2lite hand guard. Odin Works folks have been quick to answer all my questions, they even gave me some of their new parts to try at the NRA convention. I have only shot it to check function and get some rounds thru it, but, it looks like it will be real good (in the hands of a real shooter).
                      Tell us how this rifle functions and shoots please.
                      Also did you use the stock gas block or the adjustable.

I just ordered an Aero Precision upper and lower and plan to build a 20 inch grendel.
                      I am seriously considering the Odin 20 inch Barrel package.
                      Decided to jump on the Aero lower before November potentially causes the market to go crazy and costs to jumep 300 percent or more
                      Queen of Battle
                      Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• Kilco
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2016

How do these compare with the AA barrels or the BHW barrls. The "type 2" stuff still makes me nervous

Comment

• diddlyv
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2016

The type 2 bolt face is the .136 deep which is proper for the 7.62 x 39 extractor grooves of the 6.5 grendel case
                          Queen of Battle
                          Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• thorshammer
                            Unwashed
                            • Jun 2016

I've got an Odin Works BCG in my new (and first) Grendel and it works great. I've tried 4 different rounds through it all the way from the SST's down to the cheap wolf stuff (no need waste the good stuff on an indoor range) and it works great. Cleans really well after a few hundred rounds. They make some great stuff
                            Proverbs 1:25-28

Comment

• Cockednlocked
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jun 2016

I built a Grendel upper using the Odin Works package, with the 20" barrel and adjustable gas block. It's quickly become my favorite rifle and is giving excellent performance. My first few rounds were short stroking (factory Hornady 123 AMAX), but I opened the gas block up to 15 clicks from closed and have not had a failure to cycle or any other malfunction since. I bought a couple hundred Alexander Arms new brass (made by Hornady) to reload, and have played with several powder loads, and I tried both 123 AMAX and Sierra MK 123.I got no difference in performance between the two bullets, using identical powder loads, so I've stayed with the AMAX since they are about $.10 each cheaper than the Sierra. I've used H4895, CFE-223, H110, and Varget. The H110 and CFE-223 are easier to regulate loads, since they are granular and not cylindrical powders. The best velocities are with CFE-223, getting around 2550 fps at 31 grains. My groups are averaging 1.25 MOA out to 300 yards, haven't had a chance to try it any farther.

Comment

Working...
                              X