• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ported45
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by beastep View Post
    Thats why I start to get into the lands.
    Short-throated like mine was, but I hit the lands with OAL @ 2.234" with a 120 Nosler BT.

Just dropped my upper off at UPS on its way back to BCA to put the throat to spec so that factory ammo could be loaded without being jammed 0.011" into the rifling.

We shall see if BCA makes good on the warranty.

Comment

• beastep
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2018

That should have read "where" not "why". I hope you get it fixed.

Comment

• 1Shot
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

Well I can report on a BAD BCA upper I got. It averages 5" groups at 100 yards. Every shot seems to be a flyer so I suspect that the crown on the barrel is bad. I have called 3 times trying to get them to send me a UPS pick up ticket. After two weeks of waiting I called again today. Was told they were sorry but the person in charge of warranty stuff has been sick. I guess NO BODY ELSE could do her job. I was told that she would be in tomorrow and would call me. We will see.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
          Well I can report on a BAD BCA upper I got. It averages 5" groups at 100 yards. Every shot seems to be a flyer so I suspect that the crown on the barrel is bad. I have called 3 times trying to get them to send me a UPS pick up ticket. After two weeks of waiting I called again today. Was told they were sorry but the person in charge of warranty stuff has been sick. I guess NO BODY ELSE could do her job. I was told that she would be in tomorrow and would call me. We will see.
          Sorry to hear you apparently got a lemon. Which upper did you get?

Comment

• 1Shot
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

I got the 20" SS fluted M-lock. It functions great, only have had one mis-feed and that was the second round in a new ACS magazine but after that it ran fine with both ACS mags and a Elander. It just shoots 5" groups and every shot acts like a flier. No two shots with in 3 to 5 inches of each other. The chamber seems OK from looking and measuring the fired cases and by just looking down the bore with a light I see no problems but the crown looks suspect. I really can't inspect the crown without taking the flash hider off and I am not doing ANYTHING like that or it may give BCA an excuse to void the warranty. If I do not hear something from BCA by noon today I will be calling them AGAIN. You live and learn. Since I have so much invested in ammo, reloading dies, magazines etc. I will be building another 6.5 Grendel since I just got a great deal on 3 Anderson stripped lowers. May just get the Odenworks combo that joboboutfitters.com has, Barrel, bolt, adjust gas block for $418 sounds like a good deal.

Comment

• Keef
              Warrior
              • Jun 2017

I bought a BCA complete 16" upper(now cut to 12") and a 18" barrel(that I assembled) and both are shooting great. Would not hesitate to buy another. I might build one with the 16" contour fluted.

Comment

• calvarez
                Bloodstained
                • Jul 2017

I had terrible accuracy for the first few dozen rounds. I thought it was the crappy Wolf ammo. I switched to the hunting ammo and the groups got very good. Then going back to Wolf, those are reasonably accurate now too. I've never believed in break-in, but something happened. Could be any combo of cleanings and such too.

What ammo are you using? I'm also finding that one high end round is far better than another.

Comment

• bj139
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2017

My BCA barrel shot better after firing about 50 rounds through it. I guess it was kind of rough.

Comment

• calvarez
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                    My BCA barrel shot better after firing about 50 rounds through it. I guess it was kind of rough.
                    Yeah, and for me, it was kind of like a light switch. Suddenly good. It just coincided with switching boxes of ammo, so it made me think it was just the ammo at first.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                      Warrior
                      • Jul 2017

My 18" fluted BCA barrel has been sub moa from the first groups I shot. For those of you who saw improvement after some break in, was the improvement any where near enough to fix the type of 5" groups like 1Shot is reporting? It's interesting some of you experienced improvement because now that I think about it, I recall the BCA rep I spoke with before I received my upper expressing interest in whether I would observe the need for a slightly extended break in process given the nitriding in the bore.

And 1Shot, what type of ammo were you using when you got those bad groups?

Comment

• calvarez
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jul 2017

My "groups" looked more like shrapnel from a hand grenade. It truly was awful. And unfortunately I was also shooting in sub-optimal conditions so I was totally confused. Next time out, I get horrible groups again, then BOOM, perfect.

Comment

• 1Shot
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2018

I have been shooting Hornady 123 SST. I really feel that it is something wrong with the crown. Every shot acts like a flier. No two shots will land within 3 to 5 inches of another. BCA warranty person was supposed to call me today and it is 2 p.m. and I have not head from them. I am going to call them AGAIN as soon as I finish typing this reply.

Comment

• calvarez
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jul 2017

How many rounds through it so far? I found Federal Fusion to be much better in mine than the Hornady.

Comment

• Keef
                              Warrior
                              • Jun 2017

The Over-Rated Crown By Alan Marshall You probably think having a perfect crown is important to accuracy. I think so too … although this article will make you wonder. Background: I was told that one of the major chronograph manufacturers...

Comment

• grayfox
                                Chieftain
                                • Jan 2017

So... is this article saying that the chamber and throat, and initial parameters acting on the bullet are more important than the muzzle when seeing dispersion (ie, scatter) on the target...?
                                Interesting read.
                                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X