• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Randy99CL
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

Finally, a good deal!

I get tired of the promotions where you have to spend hundreds of bucks to save a little.

Just got this email this morning: Midsouth gives you free HazMat if you buy 4 lbs of Ramshot, Accurate or Norma powder. Their prices are about $5-$6 less per pound than local, and their primer prices are pretty good also.
    With the 4lb minimum order (and getting some primers too) it might be worth ordering some.
    "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Crracer712
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2018

Midsouth is gtg. I was checking out some of the ramshot, but I've never used any before, anyone have any recommendations on what works good for 6.5 and/223?(regarding ramshot brand).

Comment

• Greyling
        Bloodstained
        • Feb 2018

I've used midsouth several times. it is really great. ramshot is good powder. I have used tac and xterminator for 223. it's a ball powder and meters well. I get accurate ammo with it. (and it looks like they can be used with grendel as well.)

Comment

• Randy99CL
          Warrior
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Crracer712 View Post
          Midsouth is gtg. I was checking out some of the ramshot, but I've never used any before, anyone have any recommendations on what works good for 6.5 and/223?(regarding ramshot brand).
          I own or have downloaded 8 manuals with recipes for 6.5G. JFTHOI I counted how many powders are listed in the recipes. In all 33 powders are mentioned.
          Ramshot TAC is in all 8 manuals, the only powder to be in all 8.
          Ramshot X-Terminator is in 4.
          Accurate 2460s is in 7.
          Accurate 2520 is in 5.
          Accurate 2230 is in 4.

This is not rating accuracy or efficiency, only popularity with the companies that list load recipes. I made this list just to get an idea of which powders I should try in my Grrr.

I only listed Ramshot and Accurate here because they're in the promotion.
          If anyone's interested, others are: Benchmark = 7, H335 = 7, 8208XBR = 6, R10x = 5, Hodgdon H4895 = 5, Varget = 4, Win748 = 4.
          Last edited by Randy99CL; 03-23-2018, 11:26 AM.
          "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Crracer712
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2018

Thumbs up guys. I'll try some tac and xterminator.

Comment

• golfer
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2018

I'm not sure if any of you have used bkingsfirearms.com before, but I found their products to be extremely well priced. I ordered an Aero Precision upper and a 15" AP Atlas S-One Mlok handguard for a great price.

If anyone needs a BCG and charging handle, this seems to be a good deal.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

And I thought I was going to have to wait until Easter. Geissele on sale at Primary Arms for April Fools. My SSA-E addiction is going a long way towards putting Bill Geissele's kids through college.
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• 82HALO
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Lol!!! I'll let him know! I live like 15 minutes from them!

Comment

• Bennyg111
                    Unwashed
                    • Feb 2018

Give them time. Aero Precision bought Ballistic Advantage so that is the barrels Aero is using in their builds and selling. Full uppers and complete rifle in 6.5 grendel are forth coming from what I have been told by a local dealer

Comment

• Pastor
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2018

RE: American Gunner 200 rd. case, Sportsman's Warehouse shows it out of stock online but you may want to check their stores if they have one near you. I stopped at their store in Phoenix AZ (623-516-1400) and they had 8 cases on the floor at $139.00 ea. Now only 6 :-)

Comment

• hill37
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

I just found a unicorn, maybe. A company called DIP just started making Aluminum bottom metal for the Howa mini. I saw it on the 24 hour campfire forum. Looks good sounds good. Link is in bolt action thread.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
                          I just found a unicorn, maybe. A company called DIP just started making Aluminum bottom metal for the Howa mini. I saw it on the 24 hour campfire forum. Looks good sounds good. Link is in bolt action thread.
                          DIP Inc. is top notch I have used their products on CZs, Ruger, and Sakos.
                          Good stuff.
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

• VASCAR2
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

You can preorder a bottom metal for the Howa Mini Action from DIP. The price is not to bad. Here is a link.

Comment

• Sticks
                              Chieftain
                              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                              You can preorder a bottom metal for the Howa Mini Action from DIP. The price is not to bad. Here is a link.

https://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=12462
                              Group buy in the making. Check it out http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...ork#post189749
                              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Sticks
                                Chieftain
                                • Dec 2016

American Gunner back in stock...again...
                                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
                                X