• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kcb38
    Warrior
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by blackholegun View Post
    SWFA has the 3-15x42 SFP cope on sale for 399.99.
    Been waiting for a sale on those. Thanks!
    - Kirk -

Comment

• blackholegun
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2017

Will have to see how this pans out, if so it will be a good deal on a charging handle.

Everything I enjoy doing is either illegal, immoral or, just to damn expensive

Comment

• Drillboss
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

If you missed out on the Maxim PDW brace offer, this might work.

Through tomorrow, the coupon code PUNT saves another 10% and puts the cost at $315 with free shipping. This is the brace only, not the bundle.

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by blackholegun View Post
          Will have to see how this pans out, if so it will be a good deal on a charging handle.

http://ljsarparts.com/LJs-T-Rex-ambi...yle_p_686.html
          I bought a bunch of those at Delta Team Tactical for about the same price. It almost mimics a dual side charger. It is very robust.
          Why is this one $5 cheaper?

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
            I bought a bunch of those at Delta Team Tactical for about the same price. It almost mimics a dual side charger. It is very robust.
            Why is this one $5 cheaper?
            http://ljsarparts.com/LJs-T-Rex-ambi...le-_p_796.html
            Notice how they don't call out the alloy used.

A charge handle should be 7075 T6 with a Type III hard coat anodizing, not "the finest aerospace grade aluminum with a blackened finish".

If these are 6061, they will fail early. Makes you wonder where it was made based on that price, and what materials, QC standards, etc.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Frontier Gear
              Warrior
              • Nov 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

A charge handle should be 7075 T6 with a Type III hard coat anodizing, not "the finest aerospace grade aluminum with a blackened finish".

If these are 6061, they will fail early. Makes you wonder where it was made based on that price, and what materials, QC standards, etc.
              Yep, world of difference between 6061 and 7075 alloys. Both are "aircraft grade". The alloy used depends on what part of the airplane it is used for. T6 is the heat treat process, not the alloy, so that can be misleading as well. Watch out for marketing techniques and wording.
              Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• beastep
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2018

Damn. Thats something I could afford too. Oh well...

Comment

• kcb38
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2017

A charge handle should be 7075 T6 with a Type III hard coat anodizing
                  Here's their latest ad, stating it's now 7075 T6. Still $21.99
                  - Kirk -

Comment

• bj139
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2017

7075 with Type III hard coat anodizing. These should work.

Comment

• blackholegun
                      Bloodstained
                      • Oct 2017

Yep, I know the difference in aluminum heat treating and cladding.
                      I would be surprised if they are not anodized in some fashion as that would be the cost effective way of doing things.
                      I ordered one and will see how it works out.
                      I will be glad to report back.
                      I will say that 90.00 bucks for a charging handle is a little nuts though
                      Everything I enjoy doing is either illegal, immoral or, just to damn expensive

Comment

• brian y
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2016

Larue MBT triggers on sale again for $99 starting today. Just got the e-mail.
                        Last edited by brian y; 02-06-2018, 04:01 PM. Reason: add link
                        NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• 82HALO
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

Yep, just got one too! Ordered one for my pistol build!

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                            It would be an interesting survey to see how many 6.5 Grendels each member owns.
                            Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
                            Does that include ones in progress?
                            Lol yeah... And how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop???

This is why i insisted on a forged steel CH. DSA has them i think they are 1144 if i remember correctly. About $40ea. I like the older extended latch than their new ones. The consistency wasnt really impressive though. They did scrape the bottom of the barrel to get me six of them but still. Between those and the shite buffer tube inferior finish i would caution about using DSA. But then again i think a CH that stout is worth the gamble.
                            Its been interesting ordering parts six at a time and seeing what kind of batch quality you get on certian items..

While im on here.. Gearheadworks released their latest batch of tail hook mod 2's last night. I got my order in. $200 +$7 S&H.
                            https://www.gearheadworks.com/index....025bb2aba46ff1tailhook_bravo.jpg
                            tailhook_bravo_05.jpg
                            And yes LOP is adjustable.. $200tax stamp or $200 for a brace. Challenge accepted!!!
                            They also offer discounts for LEO, retired /active service, and first responders which is nice.
                            Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 02-07-2018, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Redomen
                              Warrior
                              • Jun 2016

Just got an email that LaRue has MBT triggers on sale again for $99.00

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2016

Redo your late to the party... Read back four posts just a heads up. Always pays to read back just a bit. These snipers are quick!

Comment

Working...
                                X