X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azgeek
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2015

Thanks everyone for this information! I have two fairly old Harris bipods. Neither have the notched legs which is really my main problem with them. Also, I always have to check them as the gradually come loose. May not have time to upgrade before Friday's testing so I'll probably have to make due with what I have. Maybe I can find an S series if I call around locally. There is always GG&G here in Tucson as mentioned if they can be found at retailers. Got no problem spending the money on an Atlas but I have not personally seen or touched them in person yet. Plus there are too many dam models.

Comment

• Azgeek
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2015

Forgot GG&G sells online. Thanks AZHTFreak! Plus a good friend has a buddy who works there. Their QDX-2 might be the ticket with a nice discount! Find out tomorrow.

Comment

• Azgeek
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2015

One last question. Panning and cant. Required features?

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Panning only needed for moving targets, e.g. hunting. Not needed for stationary range targets.
          Tilt only needed on uneven ground. If your range has decent benches then again, not needed. Even in hunting you can play around with tilt using the adjustable legs and pushing one side into the dirt. it's a nice to have, not a have-to-have.

If you want all the bells and whistles and money is no object then get both.

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

I have Amazon prime and it says I can have a Harris and atlas bipod by tomorrow.

Comment

• Azgeek
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2015

After some additional research and review of the 2018 products, I decided to go with the new David Tubbs bipod. I was seriously looking at the Elite Iron Revolution as well but price and my shooting use cases did not seem like a good fit. Both of these systems appear to bring new innovation not seen before. Figured while I was pissing away money on carbon fiber barrels, why stop now?

Comment

• hikfromstik
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

I vote for Atlas or GG&G .

Comment

• Azgeek
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2015

Already a done deal. Ready to go for what I hope will be a great day at the range tomorrow. 77 degrees and bright sunshine on tap! This thing is rock solid and with the ability to tension both pan and cant the way I like it is very, very nice.

tubb_bipod.JPG

Comment

Working...
                  X