Warrior
    • Apr 2018

Nice! BSF is definitely making a case for themselves
    to procrastinate... tomorrow!!

Comment

• fixin
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

Alright everyone got to the range finally, the barrel is slowly working its way into a groove. I actually haven't shot anything that the barrel doesn't do at least OK with. I just picked up a shooting mat to get off of the "bleeping bleep bleep bleep" tables and took it out with me this past monday. I used it to dampen my terrific(sarcastically speaking, I don't think I am all that great of shot, at least I have A LOT more learning to do anyway) shooting, and eliminate as many more variables as possible. I have to say, I AM STILL QUITE HAPPY about the barrel and the gun as a whole. The barrel can definitely shoot the 123 ELD, down below is my best group yet with that load. It isn't the best looking group, because I had to do a "on the fly" change to my hold. Look close enough and you'll see a nice pretty olympic ring looking group minus the random smaller hole(that's my hold change, as in, I am shooting at the cleanest spot of someone else's leftover target and see what happens). The federal fusion however, did not shoot all that great. The consistency was there, but I couldn't get the load to group very well. Is it minute of deer? Yes! Is it minute of awesome? Not so much, as a hunting load though I would trust it in the accuracy department. I am definitely going to go back and keep trying everything, especially now that I have a much more stable platform to work with and I am going to switch off of the "shoot and see" targets as well. I have noticed my OCD kicks in whenever I am able to see my shots due to my burning desire to have the gun shoot as good as I want it to, so I am switching to the idea of "The less I see, The better I will perform" philosophy. I have already been powering down on my optic and have been controlling my breathing as best as possible so that is covered. The use of a rear bag would absolutely improve my shooting, but my preference is not to use it. I still like the idea of flying by the seat of my pants shooting, it suits my tastes. Anyhow here are the groups from this past range outing. There will be more to come! I am feeling the "Revenge of the Fusion", "Comeback Kid TNT" and "Born Again ELD" will be happening, plus a guest appearance by "Mystery of the American Eagle" will be happening in the near future. Once again, I would like to thank y'all for reading through and paying attention to my rants on this thread, I have actually been thoroughly enjoying the "guinea pig" status for this barrel.
      -Zach
      Attached Files
      to procrastinate... tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
      X