Re barreling my 6.5 Grendel, Which barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakal
    Warrior
    • May 2014

Lilja, best bet going. They will work with you on a layaway also. That is not common knowledge.

Klem is right. Barrel, optics and trigger is where I spend my money. Everything else just holds it all together.
    Last edited by Jakal; 06-12-2018, 06:46 PM.
    ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• 454bore
      Warrior
      • Dec 2014

You can email PF and get what he has or get a hold of Lilja.
      Can't go wrong with either.
      The most consistent barrel I've used was made by Krieger.
      Strangely enough my Saturn barrel shoots very close to it in accuracy.

Comment

• pblart
        Unwashed
        • Jun 2018

Armorally.com literally just had the 20" Ballistic Advantage fluted on sale at $260, but it looks like they're back up to $325. Not sure why I'm posting this, as it might just make you feel bad, but know that they can go down to that level at least. Maybe around J4?

Comment

• Huckleberry75
          Warrior
          • Jun 2018

For an 18" option, it looks like the JP barrel is lightest weight @1.9# and has a bolt included, but it comes at a premium. The Lilja shows to be 2.24# for their ar740 wasp profile.

Any thoughts? Getting my head around my first 6.5G build and am a but of a dunce. Looking to shave weight with an 18" bbl primarily for predators/pigs etc. Thx in advance for any insight.

(Popped my 6.5G post cherry)

Comment

• muvef
            Warrior
            • Mar 2017

Granite Ridge Outfitters has a fluted BA for $220 shipped.

Comment

• Popeye212
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2018

This is tempting...very tempting.. http://mcgowenbarrel.com/shop/ar15-6...0-polished-ss/

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

Think I'd ask Stonehendge regarding McGowen before I took the plunge...

It's a "dead thread" but there's lots of coverage about the McG barrel failure.

I bought a barrel from them a few yrs back, it shot ok to be fair, but it was a royal pain in the bumper dealing with them, missed deadlines, getting info was like trying to squeeze juice out of a fruit fly... not the type of vendor at the top of my list any more.
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Popeye212
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2018

Hmmmm my son just got his but a few weeks behind. .224 AI so far he likes it he's staying the 70gr. bullets. Thanks for the info still haven't tapped my BA yet. Found out today it doesn't like CFE223 and SST123

Comment

• cb4017
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

I've been very pleased with my Proof Research Stainless barrel. This one. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/33...tainless-steel

I used it with a Maxim Bolt. Functions great. Sub MOA all day with almost everything I shoot through. Disclaimer, I do not shoot the Wolf ammo.
                    Cliff
                    USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.

Comment

• zzrguy
                      Bloodstained
                      • May 2018

I am very happy with my Grandal hunter barrel and the price was reasonable.

Buy the 18" .22 ARC Upper with Stainless Liberty Barrel® made by Satern® | This Grendel Hunter Upper Receiver features a 6061 T6 Aluminum Handguard & an Adjustable Gas Block made from Billet Steel.

Very accurate.

Comment

Working...
                      X