First 6.5 Grendel PSA or Sanders Armory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

It depends on your budget and also what you plan to do with the rifle.PSA uppers are made with quality parts.The upper receiver BCG and hand rail are fine. The barrel is going to be your weak link if you are looking for consistent accuracy,especially at longer distances. But if you’re looking to do a little plinking and maybe some hunting you’ll be fine.
    And if you buy the PSA upper and decide down the road that you want better accuracy ,you can always swap out the barrel for a custom barrel. And you’ll still come out on top.For the price,you cannot go wrong.

Comment

• pkw6five
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2020

I might have to wait a while. I just cut a sidewall on my truck. Looks like I need 4 tires.

Comment

• VictusKeld
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2019

I was considering Sander's armory for a cheap starting option a while back and sent them an email asking a few questions. Kelly Sanders called me back, I think the next day, and he went over the questions I had asked. He sounded like a friendly and very down to earth kind of guy.

One of my questions was regarding what barrels they used and what chambering they were: Grendel 1, 2, or 264 LBC. He seemed upset by this question as someone else had asked him the same thing earlier that day. He told me in no uncertain terms that there was no such thing as a "Grendel 2" and that every Grendel was SAAMI. The whole thing is still confusing to me, but I said that I had read that the main difference was a difference in throat design, compound vs conventional if I'm remembering correctly. Anyway, he didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but did state that he had been, and I believe still is, a Satern vendor later on in the conversation.

Maybe the differences aren't incredibly important, but there are different chambers right?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by VictusKeld View Post
          I was considering Sander's armory for a cheap starting option a while back and sent them an email asking a few questions. Kelly Sanders called me back, I think the next day, and he went over the questions I had asked. He sounded like a friendly and very down to earth kind of guy.

One of my questions was regarding what barrels they used and what chambering they were: Grendel 1, 2, or 264 LBC. He seemed upset by this question as someone else had asked him the same thing earlier that day. He told me in no uncertain terms that there was no such thing as a "Grendel 2" and that every Grendel was SAAMI. The whole thing is still confusing to me, but I said that I had read that the main difference was a difference in throat design, compound vs conventional if I'm remembering correctly. Anyway, he didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but did state that he had been, and I believe still is, a Satern vendor later on in the conversation.

Maybe the differences aren't incredibly important, but there are different chambers right?
          When he said there is NO Grendel II and that all barrels were grendel sammi. That is your clue to never do business with him.

The grendel/grendel II/264 lbc-ar chamber differences have long been hashed out and only one of them is too sammi spec.

AA
          JP
          Faxon
          BA
          PF

Just to name a few off the top of my head.

If someone tells you there chamber design is better then what AA/Bill Alexander brought out are that they are all sammi. Run away very fast

For what it's worth I have talked to that guy and he is full of it. In fact he tryed to sell me on his chamber. His chamber is not sammi nor is it grendel II are 264 lbc-ar. I found that out by playing stupid and letting him tell me. Then when I showed I knew the difference he stopped talking to me about it.

It's sad that it's the year 2020 and we still have to deal with people trying to make money of the grendel name while selling non built to spec chambered barrels.

Comment

• VictusKeld
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
            When he said there is NO Grendel II and that all barrels were grendel sammi. That is your clue to never do business with him.
            Thanks for your feedback. I figured that was the case and came to that conclusion, but honestly still wondered if I had misunderstood what I had researched. Anyway, I just figured that I ought to bring it up since someone was considering the company like I had been. The accuracy estimates he gave for his rifles were quite optimistic as well.

Comment

• RobertFL
              Warrior
              • Feb 2018

Like I said in my other post..I have a Sanders Grendel upper with a Faxon Barrel. When I talked to Kelly at time of ordering I didn't know much about anything Grendel and I had not yet found this web site.. I just knew I wanted a Grendel upper for Hog hunting. At that time I saw all Sanders Grendel offerings said Grendel 2 in the description, I just checked and all still say Grendel 2 but I dont think I see SAMMI anywhere? Not sure why he said no Grendel 2 when its in all his descriptions? I don't know who makes Sanders Grendel Barrels (I did ask) but mine has " Faxon Match Grade" engraved on it and I did pay a little extra for the Faxon upgrade. Thanks to this web page and the guys on it sharing their knowledge and experiences I do know more about the 6.5 Grendel. My next Grendel upper will be one my friend helps me assemble with a 12 inch group buy barrel..

Comment

Working...
              X