X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDW
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

I zoomed in on that thing so I could read the name on the side. It's called a Brass Goat:

The Brass Goat by Magwell Mounts is an innovative AR15 brass catcher designed to easily snap on and off the magwell of your milspec lower receiver. With a streamlined design, the Brass Goat is engineered to collect brass without jamming, and isn't a bulky accessory. The two-piece design can be used as just a deflector, or a deflector and hopper combination. MADE IN THE USA *US PATENT PENDING*

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I did a review on the Brass Goat a couple years ago if anyone is interested. I posted it on this forum and ARF.com.

Brass Goat I was reading a thread on a gun forum about brass catchers. A couple members said they used a Brass Goat. I had never heard of it so I located the Brass Goat website. I thought it looked like a good product so I ordered one. The price was $39.99 plus $4.75 shipping. I ordered it last Sunday and USPS delivered it

Comment

• KC_Joe
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2023

LRRPF52....that thread protector looks awesome!

Yep.....it's a Brass Goat. Works really well, will easily hold 20 or so cases before emptying. Since I'm reloading, wanted to keep track of brass without having a mesh bag attached. I think the flaw could possibly be the "clip" that's friction fit to the front of the lower.....if it ever breaks, I'm guessing it will be right there. I always end up taking extra time to make sure it's lined up before snapping into place.

Comment

• SDW
          Warrior
          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by KC_Joe View Post
          LRRPF52....that thread protector looks awesome!
          On the off-chance that was directed to me instead, here's who makes them to fit your barrel:

The the 5/8" x 24 smoothies are 0.73" in dia, which is just a hair smaller than the typical AR's barrel diameter and looks perfect on the end. Two lengths available; I think I used the 5/8" length. Come in blued steel and stainless steel. The stainless one would look perfect on the end of that bright barrel you have.

BTW, they also sell these through Amazon.

Comment

• KC_Joe
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2023

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X