My friend held a burglar at gunpoint this morning, criminal crapped his pants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    I did move. I couldn't really drive anywhere after a while, and I'm not a drinker. I have friends and family that are LEO's that are truly great people, and part of their job is to deal with society's worst on a daily basis. It makes many of them jaded, guarded, and always looking at their fellow men as likely or possible suspects, as they lean towards not seeing people as harmless do-gooders going about their business. This helps them maintain a good personal protective posture, but I think it leads to a lot of stress as well.

I couldn't do it. I would have a long gun out at almost every traffic stop if there were more than one person in the vehicle that didn't look like a family of 3 or 4. I know cops who have quit, only to be strong-armed back to the force because their spouses were addicted to the gubm't teet and benefits. I know guys who are great investigators who have taken a lot of truly bad people off the streets, but feel disrespected by society at-large, and get into the Federal application process where they will get paid for what they feel they're worth, and put up with some of the most incompetent, criminal supervisors, since the pay/benefits/sick leave/agency funding is so awesome.

It's an interesting career field, to say the least.
    I have a friend that is in this exact situation. He hates his job, really the location he is stuck in (McAllen, Texas), but can't afford to get out. It even worse now that his 1 Y.O. daughter has developed some serious health issues. Hotel California...
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

saw this today wasnt sure where to post it ....

Hope it works

Comment

Melensdad, Good one, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• GMinor
          Warrior
          • Sep 2013

You win for best thread title

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Yea this thread drew a lot of comments.
            Last edited by VASCAR2; 11-22-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X