Ds arms RPD in 6.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds arms RPD in 6.8

I know the article is about a 6.8 but it does say they are going to offer it in 6.5 Grendel. I thought it would be very interesting.

We discussed this at-length in 2011. I stopped by DSA's booth at 2012 SHOT to discuss the matter when I saw that they had an RPD chambered in 6.8 SPC.

Okay. What can we do in that regard? It looks to me like the only practical option to prove the concept is to Grendelize an RPD light machine gun, then put it up against a vz59 or PKM. That would be rather expensive, though, so I'd suggest a more modest first step: Buy an RPD belt and see how well (or poorly) 6.5 Grendel

Slap a slide-fire on there.

Comment

• skyfish
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

I think that would be a fun machine to have. Mag limit, oh well, I use belts.

Comment

• hellcat370

A decent weapon for the money, even in semi auto. If I can put the money together and Wolf comes out with some steel case, this might be my next gun.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

I'd love to have a 6.5 RPD with Slide-Fire stock, paired with an AA Tactical 16, and several cases of Wolf steel case ammo. Too bad it'll never be more than a dream...

Comment

We can rig up a remote cam to it, and let you drive it with a Nintendo controller...or your mouse, or a Stephen Hawking wheelchair drool stick controller, depending on how far out we're looking. It would probably be illegal as hell by some California Tyranny code violation, but that would make it all the more exciting I think, especially once it goes on youtube.

Targets will be explosive type of course. Heck, this sounds like a business model for the recreation center. We don't need no stinking golf.

Comment

• hellcat370

We should treat it same as everything else. If we want it, call and email until thier tired of hearing from us and they put it into production! Its worked before!

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                We can rig up a remote cam to it, and let you drive it with a Nintendo controller...or your mouse, or a Stephen Hawking wheelchair drool stick controller, depending on how far out we're looking. It would probably be illegal as hell by some California Tyranny code violation...
                Yeah, it probably would. But, no matter. I want to feel the recoil and smell the gunsmoke, not have the firearm version of a UAV.
                Targets will be explosive type of course. Heck, this sounds like a business model for the recreation center. We don't need no stinking golf.
                Roger that.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by skyfish View Post
                  I think that would be a fun machine to have. Mag limit, oh well, I use belts.
                  During the last ban it was provisioned the belt could not legally be linked longer than 10 rds
                  Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• hellcat370

Just got an email from Mike Fowler, sales manager at DS Arms. They will be making a limited run of RPD's in the Grendel, and to contact him again in about 3 months. He did admit theres not official ETA on it. If it happens, would this be the first belt fed weapon chambered in 6.5?

Comment

Working...
                    X