X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

If the scope's centerline is 1.5" above the rail (common height on AR's), little to no elevation of the PRS cheek riser is needed for bench shooting. It's other positions when the head isn't perfectly placed where the riser comes into play, such as some prone shooting.
    Drifter

Comment

The PRS definitely has happy placement on a couple of our 7.62 NATO rifles, but I also like the ACS-L. With the scopes and mounts we have used on the ARs, the ACS-L gives a perfect cheek weld and LOP at 0.8 pounds compared to more than twice as much, 1.7 pounds, for the comparable PRS.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by babaganoush View Post
        I'm a fan of the PRS, as well. Nice to have LOP and Cheek Weld adjustments. As others have mentioned, the weight can be beneficial on the bench, and also serves me well by helping balance my rifle's bull barrel.

As far as needing a riser for your scope in order to see any benefits from the PRS's cheek adjustment goes, I don't see the problem. By my way of thinking, if your eye aligns with the optics in a lower position, that is an advantage. I've always believed it to be best when the scope is as close to the bore as possible. If you don't need the cheek adjustment to get aligned, all the better.

My scopes are always mounted with the lowest possible rings, with as few components needed to get there - preferably using one piece mounts.
        +1. Maybe I'm just lucky. The straight pull of an AR stock and the 1.4-1.5 inch rise of most AR scope mounts fits me just fine. I do appreciate the shorter length of pull of the A1 stock (I'm 5'10" and about 155 pounds). My last build used a Magpul Fixed Rifle Stock. It has a solid feel, can be fitted with a mono-pod and seems to work well from any shooting position.

Final thought: we like what we like. If you like the PRS and it takes a little extra to make it work, go for it!
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Keep The Change
          Warrior
          • Mar 2013

Thanks for the opinions guys. I think I have my answer now

Comment

Working...
          X