• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Underground Tactical
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2013

Underground Tactical 6.5 Grendel bolts now available for purchase

We finally put our 6.5 Grendel bolts up on our website for purchase.
    We did not place a purchasing limit on them either and they will always be in stock! $79.95
    I know someone is going to ask, so I'll say it here. The bolt face depth is .136" and OAL is 2.81"

type 2, type II, 7.62 x 39 bolt, .136" bolt face, 6.5 grendel bolt, 6.5 grendel, 264 lbc, 264lbc

Our other calibers, such as the 7.62x39, 6.8SPC, 5.56, .458 SOCOM, will be for sale on our site shortly.

Underground Tactical Arms
    Austin, Texas
    www.undergroundtactical.com
    www.facebook.com/undergroundarms

Great news! Thanks gents! A lot of potential customers to the 6.5 Grendel have seen issues where people have broken 8620 bolts, and are a bit timid of getting into this wonderful little cartridge.

Knowing that you guys have put a lot into these, what do you say to someone in that position? I know that you use 9310 steel, and have certain standards as to how the metallurgy is done to ensure a long-lasting bolt. What do you tell customers to address some of the concerns about bolt strength, endurance, etc.?

Thanks again in advance, and glad to have you on board supporting this cartridge!

Comment

• LongRanger

Is Underground Tactical going to be offering these 6.5 Grendel bolts with Nickel Boron coating in the future and still hold the 0.136" bolt face depth? I would be very interested in purchasing at least two NiBo coated bolts.

Comment

• Underground Tactical
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by LongRanger View Post
        Is Underground Tactical going to be offering these 6.5 Grendel bolts with Nickel Boron coating in the future and still hold the 0.136" bolt face depth? I would be very interested in purchasing at least two NiBo coated bolts.
        Yes, we will be offering it in the very near future. What we do is alter the dimensions in our bolt program to account for the thicker coating of the nickel boron. We are currently running tests on them now to see how the dimensions come out with the NiBo.
        Austin, Texas

Comment

• TheEnigma
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2014

So this would be a Type II bolt, correct?

Comment

• Underground Tactical
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            Great news! Thanks gents! A lot of potential customers to the 6.5 Grendel have seen issues where people have broken 8620 bolts, and are a bit timid of getting into this wonderful little cartridge.

Knowing that you guys have put a lot into these, what do you say to someone in that position? I know that you use 9310 steel, and have certain standards as to how the metallurgy is done to ensure a long-lasting bolt. What do you tell customers to address some of the concerns about bolt strength, endurance, etc.?

Thanks again in advance, and glad to have you on board supporting this cartridge!
            Thank you for the kind words!
            We definitely did our due diligence when we decided to manufacture our own bolts for our weapons. We knew that 9310 steel is the way to go. Now, we have taken it a step higher by machining our bolts our of 9310AQ (aircraft quality). It is a much more pure steel, not as trashy as standard 9310. The benefits of this cleaner steel is the bolt will be even stronger. This will really help the shooter who is using the Grendel bolt for their .50 Beowulf/12.7x42 AR, since they are the same bolt. A common issue with the Beowulf caliber is broken bolts due to the intensity of the round. We worked hard with our heat treater to come up with the right formula to maximize strength in our bolt and not to be so strong that it becomes brittle.
            Our weapons with our bolts have been put through thousands of rounds with local SWAT teams and police agencies in T&E guns we supplied to them. Now we are on their approved weapons lists. We here at Underground Tactical are shooters too whom want the best for our weapons, so that is what we design. Our customers will benefit from that.
            Austin, Texas

Comment

• shooter545
              Warrior
              • Aug 2012

I have one on the way! Thanks UT for awesome customer service!

Comment

• Underground Tactical
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by shooter545 View Post
                I have one on the way! Thanks UT for awesome customer service!
                Thank you sir! We're happy to help!
                Austin, Texas

Comment

• Dave Bob
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2013

Ordered one yesterday from Underground very helpful.

Dave
                  Last edited by Dave Bob; 02-25-2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• customcutter

What coating is on the bolt in the picture? Do you know the cost of the NiB bolt, or when they might be available? Thanks for taking on this endeavor. Looks like you have really done your due dilligence on this project.

Comment

• bigbear_98
                      Warrior
                      • Aug 2013

Awesome guys! Glad to see variety in manufacturers now!

What LEO agency lists are yall on?

Comment

• burnsome
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2011

Do these bolts work with the Model 1 Sales 6.5 Sporter set-ups?

Comment

• cory
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Underground Tactical View Post
                          We finally put our 6.5 Grendel bolts up on our website for purchase.
                          We did not place a purchasing limit on them either and they will always be in stock! $79.95
                          I know someone is going to ask, so I'll say it here. The bolt face depth is .136" and OAL is 2.81"

type 2, type II, 7.62 x 39 bolt, .136" bolt face, 6.5 grendel bolt, 6.5 grendel, 264 lbc, 264lbc

Our other calibers, such as the 7.62x39, 6.8SPC, 5.56, .458 SOCOM, will be for sale on our site shortly.

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                          So this would be a Type II bolt, correct?
                          Enigma see their original post I quoted. The "Type II" bolt or AA Beowolf(Grendel) bolt is the bolt with the 0.135" head depth and 2.810" OAL.
                          "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Underground Tactical
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by burnsome View Post
                            Do these bolts work with the Model 1 Sales 6.5 Sporter set-ups?
                            I honestly have no idea. I do not know what the "Model 1 Sales 6.5 Sporter" is.
                            Austin, Texas

Comment

• Underground Tactical
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by cory View Post
                              Enigma see their original post I quoted. The "Type II" bolt or AA Beowolf(Grendel) bolt is the bolt with the 0.135" head depth and 2.810" OAL.
                              Thanks Cory. Yes, these are the "Type II" bolt
                              Austin, Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X