X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Errorhead
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2012

Any update on complete Grendel bolt carrier groups? I'm in the market. (If the price is right)

Comment

Originally posted by HANKA View Post
      Heh heh heh. . . . When Bill A. does something, he does it right. When he sources a part, for example, he's not going to source a part from the same run-of-the-mill companies used by everyone else if it doesn't meet his quality standards. Call him an engineering snob. You'd be surprised, for example, the extra mile he goes through to source quality gas tubes.

Bill's 9310 is not just any 9310 and his heat-treat procedure is unique to what the part needs it to be. He had "super bolts" long before others called them "super bolts." To him, it was just a bolt done right, as required to do the job, without any hype.

I've observed that Bill has a hellavu lot of expertise that he's rarely given credit for; he has a bit of the British tendency toward understatement.

Now it sounds like Underground Tactical also knows what they're doing. Hope they keep up the good work.

John
      Just because a bolt is made from 9310 doesn't make it a "superbolt" or even a stronger bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bob View Post
        My experience is that it is harder than hammered hell. Rc72 is higher than hard chrome or melonite coatings. I think some companies have a lifetime warranty against wear for their NiB coated products.
        If NiB is just plated it is apx 55 rockwell. If it is hardened after plating it can reach 68-72. The problem is many do not harden it. If you can scratch it, it isn't hardened.

Comment

• Dave Bob
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          If NiB is just plated it is apx 55 rockwell. If it is hardened after plating it can reach 68-72. The problem is many do not harden it. If you can scratch it, it isn't hardened.
          I will reserve judgment till the product is available.

Dave

Comment

• jluck
            Warrior
            • Mar 2013

Dave
            The product is available.

Comment

• Dave Bob
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by jluck View Post
              The product is available.
              We are talking about the NiB bolt not the one with phosphate finish. If the NIB bolt is listed I can't find it.

Dave
              Last edited by Dave Bob; 03-14-2014, 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Dave
                Yes, I'm not talking about the UT bolts specifically just NiB in general. Most of the carriers being sold are not hardened.

Comment

Is Underground Tactical going to be offering spare 6.5 Grendel bolt extractors for sale.

Comment

• Errorhead
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2012

I finally got an email from another Grendel bolt source, they said it would be "several weeks aleast" before their bolts would be available, so I remembered this thread and called Underground Tactical on Monday, received the bolt today, checked it out with my go/ no go gauges and ran about twenty round through it before it got too dark. Now I won't have to share one bolt for two rifles! Very Happy with the bolt and great service!

Comment

Working...
                    X