X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drift
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

Thanks for the report! I believe the Howa will be a success if their factory rifle can function and shoot factory ammo... accurately

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

I have no doubt it is going to be accurate, after seeing the 130 Berger groups. Alexander Arms no longer uses Lapua brass for factory loadings, I assume because it got ridiculously expensive. So far as I know, no one uses it for factory ammunition, although some of the boutique manufacturers may still load it at user request.

I am going to check my resized brass and see if it will extract.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

an update from our end, we have submitted all info to the factory and are awaiting their response. Lapua brass does run smaller than hornady, this can be fixed easily by fitting the extractor but the factory should be able to fix this issue before the first production run. The rifles that were sent out for testing are in fact prototypes. Its always a gamble to send out prototypes to writers and etc.. the only ammo i have available to use is Hornady and weve never experienced an issue. Our rifles are warrantied for using factory ammo so thats what we go by.

I hope this clears up some worries, if there are any other questions you can email me @ mhornback@legacysports.com

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Thanks Matt. No real gamble from my perspective. You've told everyone these are prototypes, and the reason manufacturers build prototypes is to test them.

This was completely unexpected from my view and it isn't a difficult fix.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

No worries here, Matt. All of us here are rooting for this project's success!
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Drift
              Warrior
              • Nov 2014

You betcha I am rooting for the rifles success!

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                Is this the boltie bbl. being used to test the Cerb from BFT? If so, Hawwww whatttt?

Have the howa ceo. produce a group of less than 2 " at 100 yd. Good luck on that quest - ceo guy. PROVE that it shoots...

You'll sell more that way!
                i dont know what it is you are getting at.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Howa Mini Action
                  Bolt OAL = 6.050” (13% shorter)
                  Bolt Body Diameter: .616” (9.4% smaller)
                  Front Ring Dia: 1.175” (12.7% smaller)
                  Rear Bridge Dia: 1.175” (12.7% smaller)
                  Receiver OAL: 7.175” (9.2% shorter)
                  Tang Length: 2.020” (virtually the same)
                  Tang Width: .865” (virtually the same)
                  Ejection Port Length: 2.1” (25.5% shorter)

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
                    i dont know what it is you are getting at.
                    Sneaky uses a shorthand that takes some deciphering! He is asking of the bolt gun barrel came from BluntForceTrauma, the board owner.

Then he is saying, "The Howa CEO should be shooting the rifle, and let's see if he can create a 2" group at 100 yards, prove that it's the bullet and not the rifle that's at fault" (My interpretation!)

The last line means, "If the suits at Howa can shoot 2" groups, then anyone with a brain will know that the guys who know how to shoot will do much better and you'll sell a ton of rifles!" (My interpretation, again!)

Don't worry, lots of us have had to figure out what he is saying. More experience helps!

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2015

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ke5Mr5eCF2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my mind instantly goes here.
                      Last edited by Matt @ LSI; 03-08-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• xlcc
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
                        Howa Mini Action
                        Bolt OAL = 6.050” (13% shorter)
                        Bolt Body Diameter: .616” (9.4% smaller)
                        Front Ring Dia: 1.175” (12.7% smaller)
                        Rear Bridge Dia: 1.175” (12.7% smaller)
                        Receiver OAL: 7.175” (9.2% shorter)
                        Tang Length: 2.020” (virtually the same)
                        Tang Width: .865” (virtually the same)
                        Ejection Port Length: 2.1” (25.5% shorter)
                        Sounds just right to me.I'm really excited but looks like I'll have a long time to wait for them to be available in Canada.

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by matt @ lsi View Post
                          https://youtu.be/ke5mr5ecf2u

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ke5mr5ecf2u" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my mind instantly goes here.
                          lol!!!!

Comment

• Rainman
                            Bloodstained
                            • May 2015

bwaites: thank you for all your efforts so far and the good reporting. When this all comes together and you end up with a production rifle for final evaluation this will take a lot of unknowns out of the projects we usually expect when opening the box on a new factory firearm. Your efforts and dedication are appreciated. I for one will not be buying one with the intent of swapping barrels or stocks and based on my experience with Howa and hand loading I anticipate it will be possible to be get into the half MOA range with minimal tweaking of the rifle using proven 6.5 Grendel loads from the forum that have been accurate across a wide range of member's rifles. Hopefully

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                              bwaites: thank you for all your efforts so far and the good reporting. When this all comes together and you end up with a production rifle for final evaluation this will take a lot of unknowns out of the projects we usually expect when opening the box on a new factory firearm. Your efforts and dedication are appreciated. I for one will not be buying one with the intent of swapping barrels or stocks and based on my experience with Howa and hand loading I anticipate it will be possible to be get into the half MOA range with minimal tweaking of the rifle using proven 6.5 Grendel loads from the forum that have been accurate across a wide range of member's rifles. Hopefully
                              you sir, are much better with words than i am. well said!

Comment

• Rainman
                                Bloodstained
                                • May 2015

...as I started to say, hopefully we will also have a production 20 MOA picatinny rail from EGW or some other quality manufacturer by the time the production rifles are ready for retail sales.

Comment

Working...
                                X