• Kritter
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2014

sold out

Comment

• Dinny
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

I got to shoot mine today! I am impressed with the trigger, lack of recoil, and accuracy of this rifle. I cleaned the bore after every shot and it definitely has a strong preference for the Hornady factory 123gr AMAX ammo. This rifle has potential to be my Charleston err Charlton Heston rifle, "from my cold dead hands".

Thanks, Dinny
      Last edited by Dinny; 12-18-2016, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• Stevil
        Banned
        • Dec 2015

Good result Dinny, lack of recoil sure does make it pleasant. LOL@charlestonheston

Comment

• FW Conch
          Warrior
          • Nov 2014

Good news Dinny! Can't wait to hear of Your exploits with that little baby! I've started My savings account:-).

Good to hear from a fellow Vet that says "From My Cold Dead Hands". It really bothers Me when some of our fellow shooters seem to just roll over with resignation to the stuff that is coming our way, when so many of Us have sacrificed so much for Their rights.

And, "I won't be CHIPPED" :-((

Comment

• kymountainman
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2016

Are you guys buying the 'Heavy Bbl' options from Whittaker's or the Regular Profile barrel?

The reason I ask .... I know the owner personally, and may be able to sway him on one way or the other when ordering comes around in January. Whittaker's is known for taking "all they can get" on certain items, and Derek may be able to work out a deal in the Spring if I were to talk to him about it.

Again, I'm in no way affiliated, Professionally speaking, with Whittaker's but have been giving them my local business since Darryl ran the place out of his garage back in the 80's. I've been toying with the idea of a "Group Buy" on several items in the past, and this may be one of those items that I approach them on.

Tell me what you think.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by kymountainman View Post
              Are you guys buying the 'Heavy Bbl' options from Whittaker's or the Regular Profile barrel?

The reason I ask .... I know the owner personally, and may be able to sway him on one way or the other when ordering comes around in January. Whittaker's is known for taking "all they can get" on certain items, and Derek may be able to work out a deal in the Spring if I were to talk to him about it.

Again, I'm in no way affiliated, Professionally speaking, with Whittaker's but have been giving them my local business since Darryl ran the place out of his garage back in the 80's. I've been toying with the idea of a "Group Buy" on several items in the past, and this may be one of those items that I approach them on.

Tell me what you think.

The group buy might work. Since Darryl passed I believe his son Chris has kind of taken over when his Dad started having health issues. Whitaker's is getting ready to build a new store and the current building is going to be a wharehouse and online sales facility. They currently ship a lot of firearms and might consider the group buy. I personally prefer the 20" H-Bar in black or green with no scope. Whitaker's has enough volume they do a lot of factory direct purchasing.

Comment

• kymountainman
                Bloodstained
                • Nov 2016

That's correct. Chris, Becky, and Derek have moved the business from a strong, local business to a major internet store. As for the 'bulk buying' topic goes ... I remember when Darryl was alive and he ordered two pallets of Beretta M9 pistols. He had them sitting out on the floor and each pistol was $375 + tax. They also work deals where they buy 20 to 30 of one item to get 5 of the 'limited run' items when they are released.

Comment

• Drift
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2014

I might be interested in a group buy..but you know..

Comment

• tommyguns
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2016

YES! I would be interested in a group buy. Tom

UPDATE:

Cancel that, I found one thru a local gun store, thanks anyway. Tom
                    Last edited by tommyguns; 01-01-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X