X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

I just picked up a lightwt 20" today and it handles and feels better than the 527's I've handled. Nice and light, 3-9 x40 leupold scope. Some don't like the poly magazines but I prefer them. The coal of mine is 2.30 with .040" room left over. If it shoots it will be my new tractor/truck gun. I built myself one on a rem 700, but it's much too heavy for truck/tractor. I will sight in for around 300 yd max shots with this one.

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• s3silver
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Ricsmall - thanks for the mag info.

I did handle a cz in a 223 and also found the stock too low as others have mentioned.

Comment

• pajasonc
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by s3silver View Post
        Ricsmall - thanks for the mag info.

I did handle a cz in a 223 and also found the stock too low as others have mentioned.
        Just a FYI, I think the new CZ's in Grendel have a little different stock setup. Not saying it will be better, as I haven't handled them, thats just what I have heard.

Comment

• rb288
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2014

I have both, a CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 and a Howa mini action in 6.5 grendel.
          I lovev them both.

The CZ is lighter and easier to carry around, but the Howa is moa, or less, accurate out to distances farther than I care to admit that I can see.
          The Howa is not heavy, just the CZ is a bit lighter.

Comment

• SDguy
            Warrior
            • Oct 2015

Both tend to be very accurate Both may benefit greatly from a new stock

Both tend to be very accurate Both may benefit greatly from a new stock Howa even more so on the stock.
            This is how it would work out for me.
            If you like a longer barrel then advantage CZ
            If you like a steel Magazine then advantage CZ
            If you like the option of the additional set trigger then advantage CZ
            If you like the idea of a reliable control round feed then then advantage CZ

I did my first CZ 527 Grendel before a factory option was available. They offer the barrel length I prefer. They will be offering the shorter 3 round flush magazine which I will greatly appreciate.
            When they offer a threaded barrel option for the Grendel I will have a hard time resisting. Wish a Non stocked CZ 527 6.5 Grendel threaded barrel option would be offered from the likes of Brownells. Allowing us to buy the stock once and get the stock we truly prefer.

If you do not want a longer barrel, or a steel Mag, don't care for the control round feed or the set trigger Then Brownells may have your next Grendel. All you need to do is find the stock you really want.

Comment

Working...
            X