X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Javman
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

Haven’t had a chance to wring out the new Ruger as winds have been 15+ all week long ��

Comment

• Jmccracken
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Javman View Post
      Haven’t had a chance to wring out the new Ruger as winds have been 15+ all week long ��
      I shot multiple groups with the black & custom hornady ammo.. my ruger wouldnt do better than 1-1.5" groups with it. Kind of sucks since there isnt more factory ammo choices out there.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
        Warrior
        • Aug 2015

Gents,

I will have mine by Tuesday, I was able to pick mine up,at 452pm. But the LGS was closed at 4pm. Fucking dumb California laws. When I get it home I will take the action out of the stock. Adjust it to see if I can get a small spot on the left to stop it sticking. If not I will relieve it. Very small area. Not a deal breaker.
        Then I will go to the range, I have 123gr ELD-M ready. But it will be used as a hunting rifle. 118gr MKZ, a few for sighting . Scope will be a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4x12x40, will have a Range Report Tuesday . A2
        Last edited by usmcm16a2; 02-25-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Hardbawl
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by stumpjumper3d View Post
          I agree it should have been 16 inch ranch rifle. In this 22 inch lenght you might has well get 6.5 creedmore. Howa seems to be hung up on a mag for the mini, which I hate . I may just get rid of my mini and get a ranch rifle in 7.62x39, even if has a mag which maybe a 5 round mag will be closer to the bottom of the stock. Has anyone put a 5 rd mag in the 7.62x39 ranch rifle?

Comment

• scout_vet
            Unwashed
            • Jun 2016

Ruger mini 30 mags don't work with Grendel. Look up the threads for people who converted the mini 30 to Grendel. The mini 14 6.8 mags are your best bet.

Comment

• cwlongshot
              Warrior
              • Mar 2018

I was pretty set to buy this too. Until I learned that the Howa was about same $$ and had a locking bolt.

I would love to see some targets!

Good luck with it!

CW

Comment

• Old Soldat
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2015

I just purchased one and the A/A Grendel mags work perfectly.
                At 100 yards, tried 3 different loads (123SMK, 120SMK, and 123 ELD-M) all were 1/2 to 3/4" groups.
                Much to light, feels like a toy, trying to find a heavier stock.
                Last edited by Old Soldat; 04-04-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Hardbawl
                  Unwashed
                  • Aug 2017

Comment

• mpd61
                    Unwashed
                    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                    I kind of chuckle at the creedmore i mean its a great round but it doesnt really do anything new, the 6.5x47 lapua was functionally the same thing as far as seating the bullets out farther in a short action and pre dates it by a few minutes, the 260 has been around for 30 years as a SAAMI cartridge, and the 6.5x55 basically dates back to the beginning of smokeless powder and other than action length none of them do anything particularly new, the grendel nitch is fitting into ar15 and micro bolt actions honestly inside 1200 yards there really hasnt been a dramatic improvement in the 6.5s over the swede other than platform obviously the lighter moving mass and improved lock time of modern actions are an improvement over the mauser but cartridge wise you would be hard pressed to improve upon swede performace in a modern action with modern components in a practical manner
                    Agree 110% Swede has basically only been mimicked by .260 Rem and 6.5 screemoor!!! If you want a hot 6.5, go .264 Win Mag. (damn the burned-out barrels, full speed ahead!) Oh sorry, you want a short action? then try 6.5 Rem Mag or 6.5-284, Jeez!

Comment

• Javman
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2016

Comment

• GregP42
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Javman View Post
                        I’m getting sub MOA with mine but I torqued the action screws in 5 lb increments and hit a sweet spot at 75lbs. With a few more rounds down the tube it’s improving in accuracy. Oh using the Hornady 123 pack ammo.
                        75 lbs ft of torque? Or do you mean 75 lbs in of torque? I do hope it is the later as I am not sure I could get mine that tight without splitting the stock!

Greg

Comment

• Fat Albert
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2017

Can anyone out there that has a Ruger 6.5Grendel list the max magazine OAL and OAL for bullets even if they are longer than magazine (single load)?

Comment

• Javman
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Fat Albert View Post
                            Can anyone out there that has a Ruger 6.5Grendel list the max magazine OAL and OAL for bullets even if they are longer than magazine (single load)?
                            2.9-3.0 loaded with a 100 BT.

Comment

• Sixoeight
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2018

I got a chance to handle one of these the other day. I love that it uses AR mags and comes with a C-Products mag. I think it's a winning formula with 2 exceptions. 1 - the ar magazine bottom "metal" is plastic so if you want to put it in a decent stock you already have to buy a new bottom metal. This pretty much negates that original advantage as you are replacing the 1 part that allows for this feature. 2 - the bolt is pretty bad. The one I held was not at all smooth when you cycled the action and visually it looked like it was finished with an angle grinder. Maybe this one was just particularly bad but it was the floor sample at Cabela's and it did not seem well made.

Overall it was an interesting rifle but until they bring the price down I am not sure it's very competitive with the Howa. I guess if you planned to leave it as is and you want to share mags with your ar it could edge it out for some.

Comment

• se3388
                                Warrior
                                • Sep 2011

Did Ruger use a block in the mag for the Grendel?

Steve.......

Comment

Working...
                                X