• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sixoeight
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by se3388 View Post
    Did Ruger use a block in the mag for the Grendel?

Steve.......
    I may be misunderstanding the question but the one I held had a c-products grendel mag sold with it.

Comment

• Silverfox124
      Unwashed
      • Jun 2018

Anyone get their hands on a magpul American hunter stock yet? I like my predator but the stock is nothing special.

Comment

• se3388
        Warrior
        • Sep 2011

Sixoeight

I guess I didn't look at the pic's of it close enough, I guess they took a short action and filled in the hole where the rotary mag usually lives so they could use an AR type mag(which doesn't use any kind of block of course). I guess I was having a Senior moment and was thinking they just used the short action rotary mag. I'll catch up sooner or later.

Steve............
        Last edited by se3388; 07-21-2018, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Hardbawl
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Armadillo66 View Post
          that is why I am curious if it needs AR10 mags or AR15 mags
          It uses Ruger Magazine #16003 @ $14.95 ea. From Shopruger.com

Comment

• Hardbawl
            Unwashed
            • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
            This has my attention. I have a Ruger American Predator in .308 and there is one thing I really don't like about it... the rotary magazines. They are cheaply built, are unreliable and expensive to replace. If you have one that works count yourself lucky. They get stuck and don't advance the next round at some point or another. You end up giving the side of your gun a smack to make the next bullet pop up. My last mag actually broke in half. The rear plate came off. It was about $30 to get it replaced. I'm glad to see that they are rectifying the issue and am really curious what mags they are compatible with.
            . The AR mag for the Grendel works well.

Comment

• Hardbawl
              Unwashed
              • Aug 2017

Originally posted by stumpjumper3d View Post
              If this is true it just blew my hope of a ranch rifle in the grendel. Another thing seems odd is they did not use the mags from the mini 30 like in the ranch rifle for the 7.62x39. Maybe Ruger can make theirs work better than my howa. At least if it is an AR mag you can get a 5 shot mag that will fit more flush with the bottom of the gun. Maybe I`ll just get one of these and have the barrel shortened.

Comment

• Hardbawl
                Unwashed
                • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Frontier Gear View Post
                This has my attention. I have a Ruger American Predator in .308 and there is one thing I really don't like about it... the rotary magazines. They are cheaply built, are unreliable and expensive to replace. If you have one that works count yourself lucky. They get stuck and don't advance the next round at some point or another. You end up giving the side of your gun a smack to make the next bullet pop up. My last mag actually broke in half. The rear plate came off. It was about $30 to get it replaced. I'm glad to see that they are rectifying the issue and am really curious what mags they are compatible with.

Comment

• Old Soldat
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2015

I purchased one, but was disappointed with how light it is. I prefer heavier rifles. This one feels like a toy. No complaint about its accuracy.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Hardbawl View Post
                    Ruger offers the 10 shot AR-15 style mag for $15 @ shopruger.com. Rugged, feeds well, handles 2.35” reloads. Nuff said
                    2.35? Really? That would be like the biggest 6.5 grendel mag to ever to hit the market.

Comment

• LtDan
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2017

Here is my RAP in 6.5 Grendel
                      6.5G 3 small.jpg

Comment

• Nodak
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

Nice. Really nice.

Comment

• Usafa71
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2017

Comment

• Harpoon1
                            Chieftain
                            • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 06-27-2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• dpete
                              Warrior
                              • May 2016

For the nose heavy situation I found an easy remedy.
                              1. Remove the buttplate to access the hollow factory stock
                              2. Cut sections of garden hose to proper length to fit inside the stock. Reinforced hose with the black rubber lining works best.
                              3. Buy rubber stoppers at a hardware store to plug the ends of the hose sections.
                              4. Use rubber cement to glue 1 stopper into the hose section.
                              5. Fill hose section with lead shotgun shot.
                              6. Glue rubber stopper into open end of hose.
                              7. Cut and fill hose sections as necessary to balance rifle.

Granted, this method adds weight to the rifle but its as far back as you can get it and the extra weight mitigates a little bit of recoil. I have a RARR in 300 BLK that I use with a can and added 3 sections of hose into the stock to offset the 18oz of can hanging on the muzzle. With the can attached and the extra weight in the stock its a heavy little beast but it has about zero recoil. The pivot point of the rifle while carried is immediately in front of the magazine.

I agree with the 6.5 Grendel model being a soft shooter. Accurate as well. I'm liking the one I have a lot.

Comment

• Rosecrans1
                                Warrior
                                • Feb 2019

Yup! What dpete says above. If you are going to hunt with it, just be sure it's stand hunting or a stationary groundhog perch! The RAP is already heavy so adding even more weight creates less joy hauling it through laurel uphill! Ask me about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X